“Magnificent place to be n eat”
Review of Strada - CLOSED

Strada
Price range: US$27 - US$66
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: With floor-to-ceiling glass frontage and outdoor seating, Strada makes the most of its views over the shoppers of Old Eldon Square. This contemporary restaurant serves up simple and freshly prepared regional Italian dishes, including hand-spun pizza, pasta, risotto and grilled meat and fish. The drinks list is faithfully Italian with native wine, beer and liqueurs.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely lovely staff n marvellous food n drink. Will return thankyou
Family r bragging about how delightful the staff where and how scrumptious the food is. Very grateful for this fab place.

4  Thank d p

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staff were friendly and lovely, the only saving grace of this restaurant. Given the location I expected this restaurant to be lovely. It was overpriced and me and my friend were both never off the toilet the next day. I'd had seafood pasta which was mediocre at best. Will be steering clear in future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We booked for a friends birthday..staff polite..
Drinks menu was average,no beer just peroni and no vodka& red bull..
Mushroom starters were average..I had ravioli for main but portion size was quite small..pudding was nice but literally came out a few mins after we ordered..so not made fresh to order??
Tried it and don't think will go back for a 2nd visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Back with remaining Clubcard vouchers but (again) concluded that we would not find any reason to go back. Food is either poor or overpriced and in some cases when a hot dessert arrives 2 minutes after ordered it clearly is microwaved!

Just don't find massive choice with the menu and my wife's special Linguine Prawn and Pancetta was (despite being warned it had chilli and garlic) entirely tasteless. My spaghetti chicken Milanese was OK but served a bit cold. Our waiter was efficient and friendly.

Finally a large bottle of Peroni (not priced on the menu) at over £6 is a rip off. Not coming back (ever) because there are too many better places providing better food at better prices!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have never been disappointed in this Strada. Yes, it is not cheap, but I wouldn't say it is overpriced either for what you get. We had gorgeous starters of beautiful, soft mozzarella with fresh salsa verde, and I had a lovely chicken breast in a creamy mushroom sauce with rosemary potatoes (think that was £10.95). The house wine is £14.95 and I agree that you can get cheaper elsewhere, but the overall experience was great. Very friendly and attentive staff. Obviously, especially good if you can use money-off vouchers or trade up your Tesco Clubcard vouchers (you get 4 x the face value so definitely worth doing). Couldn't fault it.

2  Thank carolr13