“Fantastico !”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Wow - this is just a brilliant restaurant. Lots of character - authentic Italian waiters and brilliant food. Love the idea of having 1/2 Pizza 1/2 Pasta - and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. No wonder there is always a queue ! The biggest shock was when I got the bill - six of us ate too much, and including wine and drinks it was £70 - wow ! its enough to make me want to move North !. Can't recommend this place enough !

2  Thank richardi

Reviewed 2 April 2013

If you like fresh, tasty and delicious food, eat here. huge portions, extremly good value and consistanly good year after year. Waiters are friendly, atmosphere great, you have to queue as no reservations, but always worth the wait, cannot speak highly enough of the place, and I'm very fussy!!

1  Thank Hyacinth2013
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Popular restaurant in Jesmond for the right reasons - their meals are astonishingly well valued and the food meets expectations. Can get very busy, and service can be rushed although never rude. Atmosphere is warm and buzzing.
However - they do not pre-book tables so be prepared to queue in excess of 45 minutes on weekend evenings. You will be glad that you do!

1  Thank mrjazzhands
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited here last night. We were aware of the queuing system as I have visited here numerous times previously with my friends, but on a weekend. Despite it being a Wednesday night at 8:45 there was still a queue but it went down pretty quick. I think my boyfriend was initially tempted to go somewhere else but I assured him the food and value would more than make up for it....and boy it did!!!

The food was absolutely amazing, we over ordered and I had to take half my meal home, which is fine by me! The staff (which are nearly all italian) are attentive, constantly offering you things that you may need. Asking you things like is that garlic bread ok or do you like it a bit more done, shall I get you side plates, would you like to move to a bigger table now that we have space. They're little touches that make a big difference. Well done!!

2  Thank Trolley_dolly0
Reviewed 13 March 2013

When visiting the North East to visit family we always make a point of eating here for old times' sake. It is friendly, inexpensive, clean and always serves good food. Large portions too and the reason why it's always full? The atmosphere! It is genuine, bustling and noisy. Just wonderful-one of the reasons I miss the North so much. Next visit Easter 2013.