“Great place to eat”

Ranked #209 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Sale Pepe. We are an Italian Restaurant with a bit of a difference, located just off Osborne Road in the heart of Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne. Come and join us and our friendly staff for an affordable night out, in the comfort of luxury, whilst enjoying great quality food!!
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I took the missus here for dinner on a Thursday evening. I had booked a table but had to delay it as the wife took too long shopping. The staff were very accommodating and moved the booking no hassle. Warmly greeted at the door and shown to a seat next to a slightly rowdy party. The staff did seem concerned at the noise and moved us when a new table became available. The dining area is quite tight on space but not in a detrimental way. Service was friendly and well timed. The food is great with a wide selection of pasta, pizza, seafood and other Italian themed dishes. Took a sneaky peek at what other tables were ordering and saw some choice looking dishes being served. I took a pizza, the missus had a pasta. Both excellent. I would recommend a visit for a good meal in a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank DanceBoBo

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

Nice food , very friendly staff , good atmosphere even on a week day . Always liked this restaurant but think better than ever for service

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We called in last Thursday after failing to get a table at Francesca's. Obviously it has been refurbished and looks very nice with a really good choice of music at just the right volume not like some other restaurants.We both chose the £9.95 2 course with coffee.My wife had the pil pil prawns and I had the fish cakes,both delicious as we shared both starters,she had the chicken in cajun sauce and I had the chicken picante, both very nice with the picante having the slight edge.A decent bottle of Chilean red,tea and coffee to follow with excellent attentive service and tips on where to park to avoid a ticket from over zealous parking wardens.Will definitely be back,Francesca's may have some good competition for once!!!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Good value....... nice environment. Recent refurb obvious which has increased size, but it has lost any character...... ok staff just a bit disinterested. The tables are quite close together, good mix of families, students and suits....good for families. The happy hour made it very good value, albeit this is probably at the sacrifice of home made pizza bases ....I suppose, overall just not very Italian! There are other more Italian options if you want some authenticity......

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We have visited Sale Pepe many times in the past, however last night was the first time since its refurbishment and new ownership. I'm delighted to say Sale Pepe has kept all of its appeal and in fact is now even better thanks to new decor, comfy seats and sound proofing. The waiting staff were familiar and just as friendly and super efficient as ever and the menu slightly tweaked, but generally similar to the old menu. As they say 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it'. Sale Pepe for us has always served great tasty food at reasonable prices and even after all the alterations the same can be said.

We did not book a table and it was extremely busy as usual but they fitted us in after a few minutes. We had 2 bottles of wine (house red is exceptional), 4 x beers, numerous starters including their own olives, which we were informed they cook on the premises, truly fantastic! We had 4 mains, 4 puddings and 4 coffees, the bill was £140, tremendous value in my opinion. As has been said the tables are close together, so there is little privacy, however that doesn't bother me too much, the atmosphere is vibrant and busy, I wouldn't change anything.

Well done Sale Pepe, we had a great meal and we will be back again shortly.