“Lovely food, lovely place - definitely worth a visit!”
Review of Paradiso

Paradiso
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Paradiso Newcastle - NORTH EAST RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016 As voted by the Food Awards England. One of those restaurants you'll discover by word of mouth rather than by walking past, Paradiso is a local family run restaurant that has been a mainstay on the Newcastle gastro scene for 20 years. Tucked away down Market Lane, Paradiso is a hidden treasure. The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor seats up to 60, has a bar and a spacious outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to seat up to 50. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number. If you require more privacy, our third floor is a private dining room which can seat up to 45. As this room features skylights, it is a bright, warm space and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

a lovely atmosphere with delicious food, the staff are friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend it,

Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Paradiso in about 2 years, and each time the food has been good but the service really bad. This time my waiter was actually rude. We were a table of 6, and he only took the food order from 5 of us before walking off and forgetting the last person. It was impossible to catch the attention of either of the 2 waiters throughout the meal when we wanted more wine, and then they charged us for 7 meals instead of 6. After finally getting the bill adjusted (it took ages for him to understand what I was saying), he then tried to take £80 from my card instead of £18 for my part of the bill. When I corrected him he was incredibly rude. I will not be going back and would not recommend.

1  Thank bellario2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A fantastic restaurant in the heart of the city. Just off a Grey Street , is the hidden gem of Paradiso.
Delicious food , beautifully prepared with a menu to suit all tastes. The service was excellent and the staff warm and welcoming. An authentic Italian restaurant with a great atmosphere. Ideal for couples, families and business. The sun terrace was open on our visits this summer and it created a real buzz in the restaurant. The mussels are highly recommended as is the gnocchi and tiramisu. So refreshing to find a great place to meet friends which is not a chain restaurant . Fresh ingredients, excellent chefs, great wine list , value for money- we will be back.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have dined here many times over the past few years, both with friends, family and my partner, and have always enjoyed the food. The set dinner menu - which when I have been has been available both a Friday and Saturday night at decent times - is always great with plenty of variety! There is usually a good selection of starters, my favourite being a mozzerella, parma ham and rocket salad, and a good choice of mains usually including a pasta dish, fish dish, meat dish with a few Moroccan and Italian inspired choices - my favourite being the lamb kofta with pitta bread and humous. The staff are always friendly - however can sometimes be a little slow, especially when it's busy. The best times to visit I have found are a Friday or Saturday evening or a lunch time on a sunny day to enjoy sitting on their quaint terrace. I have dined here during the week a few times, however when the restaurant is not busy, it lacks atmosphere - and with this restaurant, atmosphere is key.

I would always go back to this restaurant, and it's also in a great area with some fab bars close by.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Great food had here in lovely restaurant close to city centre and main bars. Food freshly prepared and served by friendly staff. Very good - would recommend!