“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Paradiso

Paradiso
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Paradiso Newcastle - NORTH EAST RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016 As voted by the Food Awards England. One of those restaurants you'll discover by word of mouth rather than by walking past, Paradiso is a local family run restaurant that has been a mainstay on the Newcastle gastro scene for 20 years. Tucked away down Market Lane, Paradiso is a hidden treasure. The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor seats up to 60, has a bar and a spacious outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to seat up to 50. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number. If you require more privacy, our third floor is a private dining room which can seat up to 45. As this room features skylights, it is a bright, warm space and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Hartlepool, England
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Visited here in early November 2013 for lunch, restaurant was quiet for the time of day that we visited and we were seated really quickly. Nice atmosphere and service was quick and friendly. Food tasted lovely. I'd had no idea that this restaurant was in the city centre as it is hidden away a bit but I will most likely return! A hidden gem!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank hpooljo

Redcar, United Kingdom
“Have a visit you'll enjoy it !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

second visit and just as enjoyable, it was a Monday so fairly quiet but there was still a trickle of people coming in and out. The service was first class and nothing was too much trouble, the food again was superb and I have no problem recommending to other's. here's to the next time we visit Newcastle !

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Paul S
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Newcastle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I've dined here twice, once with my partner and once with a group of friends. On both occasions the food was very good and we all had different options. The service can seem slow but that is because it gets very busy as it's a popular restaurant. I would definitely return again and again!

• Visited July 2013
“The best of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I have ate in this restaurant several times with my family and I must say this is the best Italian restaurant I have ever been to.
On my latest visit I found that they have began to serve authentic Italian pizzas which look absolutely superb. Both my mum and dad had the meat calzone and they both said it was the best they had ever tasted. I had my favourite meal from the restaurant which was the spaghetti carbonara which once again was absolutely fantastic!
The restaurant itself is extremely welcoming and very family orientated. The decoration and presentation matches well to the personality of the owners and the staff.
All the staff are very welcoming and attentive, they always make sure that you and your meal are okay and give an excellent service.
I would most certainly recommend this restaurant to everyone who wants to eat a superb meal in an amazing restaurant.

3 Thank Emily B
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Lovely welcome, excellent cocktails, set menu is great value, huge choice available. To start I had an anti pasto dish which was varied and generous. My main was monkfish cooked perfectly with delicious pesto mash. Finished off with tiramisu and a tasey mocha. Definitely going back to try the pizzas! Very attentive staff!

• Visited October 2013