“Great food good service”
Review of Paradiso

Paradiso
Price range: US$5 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Paradiso Newcastle - NORTH EAST RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016 As voted by the Food Awards England. One of those restaurants you'll discover by word of mouth rather than by walking past, Paradiso is a local family run restaurant that has been a mainstay on the Newcastle gastro scene for 20 years. Tucked away down Market Lane, Paradiso is a hidden treasure. The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor seats up to 60, has a bar and a spacious outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to seat up to 50. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number. If you require more privacy, our third floor is a private dining room which can seat up to 45. As this room features skylights, it is a bright, warm space and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Northumberland
“Great food good service”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Came here the other night after looking at reviews on trip advisor. They didn't let us down, the food from the menu was really tasty. Few things that got me (it could of been just one of those night). We were given bread at the start which was very dry and nothing to soften it with which was a bit strange. We had two guys serving us. One was very pleasant while the other just seemed a bit rushed off his feet. He took our order but forgot to bring us the side of veg we ordered (not really a problem as we were stuffed by the end of the 2 courses). But when the waiter came to check if everything was ok he did it in passing really so we could really tell him about the missing dish. Not a big issue for us. I've worked behind a bar before and sometimes you have off days. The place was packed with a large party so if could of been down to that. Overall though a really nice place, great(ish) food and good service.

“Mrs M”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Just visited Paradiso for a evening meal, we went for the three courses. This was our first visit but it certainly won't be our last. The food was superb and so are the staff. A very warm and welcoming restaurant that I would recommend to anyone who is looking for great food and a lovely service.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Delicious food, consistently good quality across the menu and they do a lovely cappucino. Plenty of options for veggies. I wish they had a place at the Coast!

Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“poor value living social offer”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have dined at this restaurant many times, usually at lunch time, and the value and quality are excellent.The menu varies to remain contemporary and to stay true to it's good home cooked roots.I can't say this of any of the other Italian restaurants in Newcastle.
Therefore I was very disappointed to find that the living social offer( £21 for 2 , for a starter up to a £5.95 value and main up to a £12.95 value incl. a glass of prosecco,total being a up to a £52.50 value) was presented as a special living social set menu priced at £9,95 for 2 courses each + prosecco, on a Saturday lunchtime.This meant that that given the cost to purchase the offer, the prosecco actually came in at £1.55 per glass.Total here more like a £30.00 value unless the charge for a glass of prosecco is normally £10.00 + per glass!The restaurant management no doubt thinks they are making a good offer ie: underprofiting on the bar price of the prosecco, but ,while technically within the description of the offer, the actual value of the menu available is far below the value which the offer would lead you to expect.Basically I would say this offer is misleading.
I'm sad that such a good restaurant has to resort to living siocial and the like but there is a cynicism about this offer which is less than hospitable.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Quick Cuppa”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I popped into Paradiso after enjoying my previous visit, this time I was simply after a nice sit down, and a strong cup of coffee.

I was made to feel equally welcome, even though I didn't order any food (although I have to say I was a bit envious of the people to my left, who ordered a delicious looking pizza).

My latte was made quickly after I ordered it, and the owner was nice enough to bring me some lovely almond biscuits to enjoy with my coffee.

The quality of the food, drink and service really do reflect the owner's desire for high quality.

I forgot to ask if they had wi-fi, but if they do I'll happily go back when I want somewhere to work online.

Paradiso is a hidden gem, do look it out.

• Visited April 2014