“Eat in Paradiso !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradiso

Paradiso
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Paradiso Newcastle - NORTH EAST RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016 As voted by the Food Awards England. One of those restaurants you'll discover by word of mouth rather than by walking past. Tucked away down Market Lane, Paradiso is a hidden treasure. The restaurant is split into three main floors. The first floor, which is also the main seating floor seats up to 60, has a bar and a spacious outdoor terrace for alfresco dining. The second floor contains the open-plan kitchen and another seating area, which is able to seat up to 50. This floor is smaller than the first floor, but is still capable of holding large parties with ease, and again, we can accommodate parties of any size and number. If you require more privacy, our third floor is a private dining room which can seat up to 45. As this room features skylights, it is a bright, warm space and is spacious enough to be used for any kind of event, such as dining, presentations and so on.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Eat in Paradiso !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Paradiso !
Great staff and a good choice dishes all freshly prepared.
Interesting decor with bare brick walls.
The World Cup on TV so even though we weren't interested in this, it did make it seemed that we were in Italy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob B

Northumberland
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We used to come here constantly when we lived on Newcastle. It was always great - for lunch, brunch, dinner, drinks (great sun deck out at the back)
Three of us for lunch today - mussels in chilli & tomato sauce, chicken with a delicious stuffing, & a simple Milanese sandwich - all fantastic. Just the tastiest food we've all had in ages, & we eat out a lot! Great, warm & cheerful service. We'll return very soon.

1 Thank SuzeNorthumberland
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best Lunch in Newcastle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

With the recent spate of good weather I've been looking at restaurants with outside dining areas and was recommended to try Paradiso. What a smart move that was.The welcome was friendly without being too effusive. Loved the balcony setting. On looking at the menu for the lunch time specials was interesrted to see a starter of Ox Tongue! I asked how this was served to be told it is fried in butter and I should try it. If I didn't like it I could have a second choice. I decided to give it a go and when it arrived not only did it look good, the taste was incredible. Best starter I've ever had. I could repeated it as my main course but had to make do with the chicken I had already ordered which was very good anyway.
Good service, great food at a very reasonable price. Roll on more sunny days at Paradiso.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Steve S
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Let down by poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went roughly 2 months ago with friends who had heartily recommended it and I have to say I was a disappointed... Since I don't really drink wine I went for a mojito that was average, really. My starter was lovely but my friend's wasn't, which ruined the moment a little. My vegetarian main was so bland I had to add so much salt I thought it might give me a heart attack. We stayed for a couple more drinks but all the way through, the waiter was a little bit rude and mostly did not seem to be bothered about the 3 tables he had. He was offhand when taking our order and checking back, as if there was no way we could be unhappy with the food...

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AngusNicholson
Romford, United Kingdom
“Excellent friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Wednesday evening. Restaurant wasn't busy. Food excellent service friendly and efficient. Paid £38 including service charge for 2 course and 3 course meal and large glass of wine. Would highly recommend.

Visited July 2014