“Great food”

Price range: US$20 - US$27
Cuisines: Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lb Restaurant is based on Clayton Street. The building is an one of the historic Richard Grainger's creations, the outside of the property is simply magnificent of it's great detail. Mr Richard Grainger also was the man behind of the creation of Newcastle's centre. Mr.Latif has always had a keen interest of his creations. You may remember Mr.Latif from 'Al-Helal' take-away in jesmond. We have changed the name due to some problems but we still under the same management!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Had takeaway chicken curry and vegetable pilau here. Both were great. Together they were somewhere in the 7-8 GBP range and enough to serve as a dinner for one person. Service was very quick (10 min), though I should add that it was not busy at all.

4  Thank evdk

Reviewed 17 April 2014

i have eaten twice in the restaurant and now enjoy takeaways, this is one of the best authentic indian restaurants in Newcastle. Food outstanding, staff so attentive and helpful, I can't fault this restaurant, service or staff.

4  Thank AliCNewcastle
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Went here with friends before the match on a Wednesday night. There weren't many folk in, but it was pretty early in the evening. Staff were friendly, and were happy to make recommendations. One fella in particular was a bit of a character (in a good way).

My chicken tikka balti was tasty, although could perhaps have had a bit more heat for my taste. The lamb chili rasoon my friend had was very good - rich and spicy and with a good waft of fried garlic. I'd probably give that a bash next time I went. Breads and sundries were all fine.

Came to just under a hundred quid for four people - curries, breads and rices, and a couple of large bottles of lager each. Seemed reasonable to me.

I'll definitely come back here - just seems to be a decent, reliable place to get some good curries.

2  Thank GeoffWoade
ZackNewcastle88, Owner at LB Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thanks for the review :) By the way if you do like it with a bit more heat please my friend do not hesitate to ask as we are more than happy to make your food better for yourself, look forward to be serving you next time!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Tried LB for the first time and was really impressed. On first walking in the aroma of spice was sensational. The restaurant was dark which I like. Dark lighting and dark wallpaper this place looks and smells like an old fashioned curry house.

The food itself was superb. I got bhuna prawn on puree for starter and it was gorgeous. Then I has a madras. It was very very hot. My brother ordered tikka Pathia and that was red hot as well. Along with the heat though was fantastic flavour. If you like spice then you wont be disappointed but if you aren't so keen on spice then order a notch down from what you normally order would be my advice.

Service was quick and the price was reasonable too. Infact for the bargain hunters out there like myself they do a Thursday and Sunday special. Something like 5 courses for £12.95.

I would highly recommend LB and for me it was the nicest indian meal I have had.

2  Thank ray g

Thank you for nice honest review! :) You're more than welcome here anytime my friend!
P.S. Great choice of food too!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had been craving Indian food for about five weeks, and finally satisfied my craving at LB Restaurant while I was in Newcastle with my husband. The welcome we got on arrival was memorable, and set the tone for very attentive service for the duration of our meal.
The food we ordered more than met our expectation, and was consistent with good Indian food we have eaten in other places.
More than happy with the overall package.

2  Thank SallyGeraldtonWA