“The Best Asian Cuisine!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Sachins Restaurant

Sachins Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Saint-Tropez, France
“The Best Asian Cuisine!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The best Asian cuisine you can spend your hard earned cash on. I love cooking and can follow any recipe to a reasonable result; this restaurant is on another level to the usual or regular eating establishments posing as a restaurant/curry house, the food is 5 star plus!!!, the food was that good the service an ambience are immaterial in my opinion. Probably the best meal I have had in any restaurant in the last 5 years touring Europe.
I am a seasoned traveller and Sachins Restaurant Newcastle is the bench mark for me in Asian cooking excellence.

• Visited November 2013
BobArora88, Owner at Sachins Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Hi PhilSpyder
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you have tried Sachins. I am also glad you enjoyed your meal.
As your a keen Chef you must try some of the dishes I have cooked with local celebrities for a local magazine called Luxe.
If you cant see them send me a email and we can get them sent to you.

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“can eat here again and again and again”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Awesome authentic Indian food...excellent service...warm and comfortable ambience...I go there everytime I wanna have good homelike food !!!!

• Visited November 2013
Hi Jagpreet K
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you choose us when you want some proper home style Indian food.
It is a big compliment to us when Asian customers choose us and we look forward too seeing you again soon.
Whenever you try us again you must give our Daal Makhani a try as the flavour will take you back to India.
“Best Indian I've had!!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Visited Sachins as a family on the 5th of November for my birthday, upon entering the restaurant we were greeted very politely and took straight to our table which was a good start. The waiter noticed that I commented on the temperature being a tad high from the air con near our table and immediately turned it down... again the important little things to make you feel as comfortable as possible.

We decided to go for the gourmet banquet for 4 starting with poppadoms and pickles washed down with a nice bottle of cobra. The starters came out a mixture of chicken, lamb, king prawns and salmon all their sauces tasting completely different expect your taste buds to go mad not from being spicy but from the variation of tastes.

The main course consisted of different curry dishes again ranging from chicken, lamb, sea bass and monkfish all absolutely lovely and accompanied with basmati rice and a selection of naan breads.

Forget any Indian restaurant you have visited and I don't mean just in Newcastle I'm talking nationwide, the food here is fantastic and having ate Indian food for years will now no longer go anywhere else in the north east area for Indian cuisine. I've previously reviewed Vujon in Newcastle which was nice but the variation on the menu at Sachins and the effort that goes into making their food put them on another level in my opinion.

Also worth adding I'm not sure who the negative reviewers are on here for Sachins but I'm guessing they are serial complainers as I really don't see how anyone could even consider moaning about this restaurant.

Very much looking forward to my next visit!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank PD_1985
Hi PD_1985
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad the team looked after you all.
Thank you for very kind comments and I must agree with you totally but I am biased towards this great place.
After reading your review I am pleased to read you chose the Spice Trail menu.
If we see you again you must mix up both the Spice Trail menu and our classic menu which has been with us in various guises for nearly 30 years now.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Restaurant in the area”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ate here recently and are at a loss as to why we have not been here for a few years. It is , without doubt ,the best Indian restaurant in the area. The food is exceptional and Sachins offers meals that you will not find elsewhere. Forget the food that you will find in other Indian's - the flavours and quality here are so different - granted that the prices are slightly higher but as they say - you only get what you pay for! The staff are very welcoming and attentive without being overbearing.

Forget your normal Curry House - try Sachins for a top class meal.

We will be back soon

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Malcolm B
Hi malcolmburn
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you remembered us after a few years.
If your a Newcastle fan you must give the Shearers dish a try. I cooked this dish with Alan a while ago for a magazine and its fast becoming a must have dish.
We look forward too seeing you again soon.
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Fabulous - one of the best places I've eaten”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Went there on a Friday night and the place was full of people.
The service was brilliant and we were quickly taken to our seats after having looked through the menu.
The staff helped to pick dishes based on what we said we liked, and the choices were fantastic.
Tasting the pappadums and accompniments was enough to set the taste buds on red alert - not so much for the heat, but the exceptional taste.
Starters included paneer, kebab, prawns and chicken - the plates were clean when they were taken away.
Main courses were equally wonderful, but having gorged on the starters we were unable to get through the main course. We did try .... !!! Even though we were full up, it was as hame to see the food being taken away as the taste and flavours were tinglingo nthe tongue.

I'm sure there are other places in Newcastle, but I am looking forward to coming to this city again and eating at Sachins......

• Visited October 2013
Hi Meeten_is
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you enjoyed your recent visit to Sachins.
Not sure if I am right but I am guessing you tried both the Spice Trail menu and the Original Menu.
Glad to read you all enjoyed your meal. We look forward to meeting you all again whenever your in Toon next.