“A different Indian restaurant”
Review of Sachins Restaurant

Sachins Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$38
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A different Indian restaurant”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

The food here was delicious, different from the normal menu you come to expect. I had the monkfish dish and it was lovely. We were a large group and we were accommodated well, service was fast and friendly. I would go back.

Hi CM B
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad to read you enjoyed your recent visit.
When we see you again if your part of a large group we can organise a specific banquet to suit any budget.

“Salty Sachins”
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

First visit and won't going back. Staff were cold and didn't seem bothered. Starters were average at best. Main course was horrendous. It was as if the chef had poured a whole tub of salt in the dish. Other main tasted way to salty as well. There seems to be a common theme amongst these reviews where people complain about to much salt. The waiter even had the cheek to say that 'did I ask for extra salt'! Food overall was revolting but to be fair they knocked the cost of one of the meals off the bill. I fully expect to get a cocky and arrogant response from the owner as per other reviews. You couldn't pay me to go back!

3 Thank WillP26
Hi Darren D
Bye
newcastle upon tyne
“Can't believe it took us 10 years to visit here!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We ate here for the first time last week and can't wait to go back! The food was delicious - I would thoroughly recommend the paneer starter. New favourite Indian restaurant!

Hi kmjas
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am glad you finally found us.
We are currently working on some new dishes for our menu and you must give our Vegetable kebabs a try next time your in.
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Punjabi affair..!!”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Hello to everyone. I had ordered food from here during stay in Newcastle. Dec 9. No delivery at all. Only collection or eat in. Thumbs down for that. I had to walk 15 mins from my hotel to fetch it. Food is authentic punjabi. Very well cooked and to individual taste. Will return.

1 Thank Ravikumar T
Hi Ravikumar T
We are glad you enjoyed the food.
However we are a restaurant and not a delivery take away.
Rather than walking 15 minutes we have hotels on our doorstep or may i suggest you order a taxi next time.
Durham
“Good but not memorable”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

It's a while since I've been here but decided to give it a try after some really good memories. Night did not get off to a good start when there was a power cut!
Waiting staff were pleasant enough and were quick to take our order.
We ordered poppadum & pickles which were lovely, then my mate ordered button mushroom starter and I ordered tikka chicken starter which arrived on a sizzler with lots of onions some of which were crucified (burnt) & a very nice salad bowl. For mains we ordered a monkfish and a king prawn hari alli, the monkfish which was too salty whilst the king prawn dish was just right with a saffron rice which included mustard seeds & curry leaves and certainly left a lasting taste! Desserts were great - baba with ice cream and we finished off with coffee and brandy & whisky.
Would we return? Well it's not how I remember it and I think there are better places, which is shame as I was really looking forward to returning.

Hi rowtietowers
Having read your reviews of other restaurants I can only adhere that none of the restaurants you have visited in the North East can live up to your very exacting standards!
Thanks Bye