“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I just go for takeout curries, but even in the short time I'm there I can tell this place is well run as I have worked in the food and drink industry for over 10 years.

In terms of service I should first point out that I don't go to places needing to be fussed over and made to feel important and these guys strike the balance just right -they're super polite without being patronising and address most of the guests I've seen them talking to by name -which is always a good sign!

The curry here is superb, I like my curry hot so I always order the hottest on the menu here, which they say contains naga chillis. I'm not sure it does contain real nagas, as I tend to cook with them alot myself when they're in season, so I know their distinct flavour which seems to be missing in the "Zhal Zhul" -or maybe I just drink too much beer before I have one!
I understand how hard it can be to get hold of those chillis out of season so won't mark them down for that, that curry is plenty hot anyway and still really nice.

In terms of value for money the Valley can't be faulted, you get discount for takeouts and can pop in to the pub nextdoor for a pint while they cook it! It's a bit pricier than some takeouts, but then that's because it's better than pretty much any takeout I've been to for curry.

People will pay more for quality, a very simple business model that so many restaurant and bar owners seem to forget after a while, but not these guys -long may it continue!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went with a large group. service was good and place is reasonably clean.
but all the dishes we ordered (various veggie mains) all came with green peppers, even the dahl! And the dahl was not even runny to pour with the rice.
nice venue but tried better indian food elsewhere

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This place does amazing food, lovely atmosphere in a nice setting. Definitely worth trying stuff from the chefs special menu as it is always a treat. The staff here are also incredibly nice and the service is top notch.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

we regularly go to this place after experiencing some dodgy curries in newcastle. The food is lovely and rich. Everything about the place is excellent. Just beware that the coke/fizzy drinks are sometimes quite flat.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited this restaurant with my partner on a Saturday evening. We requested to sit upstairs as suggested by a friend. The location & restaurant décor is fantastic! I was told by a friend this restaurant was pricey, however I felt it was reasonable (Poppadum's & chutney, 1 starter, 2 main courses, 1 rice, 1 nan & bottle of wine for £50!) The meal itself was delicious as expected. It was a busy Saturday night however we never felt rushed by the staff. We were given reasonable breaks between courses which is always good. I would recommend this restaurant if you appreciate a good curry & also a nice location. I will defiantly return to enjoy the restaurant on a nice summers night, if not before!