“Love it here”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pani's Café opened January 1995 and run by a family of brothers and sisters. It was one of the first Italian style café in Newcastle. As authentically Italian as you can get without actually going to Italy. In Pani's Café you can find a different menu for day and night and a constantly updated special board. We offer you the chance to experience Italian home cooked food and to savour an authentic Italian coffee in a convivial atmosphere. A little piece of Italy in the heart of a beautiful city!!!
Reviewed 26 May 2014

lovely friendly staff! visited a few times and the staff always remember us and make the effort to have a conversation with us. We always feel looked after and welcome. The food is absolutely fantastic and everything on the menu is delicious, authentic food. I much prefer sitting in the area at the front near the bar instead of the big room at the back. The back room gets incredibly noisy and if there's a large group in there, smaller groups will really struggle to hear each other over the noise! At its best on quiet evenings in this regard , but even on busy nights the service and food is impeccable.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Its a busy and spacious Italian restaurant in the centre of Newcastle that has a busy feel about it.
The décor gives the impression of being in a basement and is meant to have a Barcelona feel about it. I don't like it all .
The Menu is extensive but everything appears to be cooked in red wine which is fine if you like red wine.
The service is quick but the staff are loud and brusque .

1  Thank Moonlighter88
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Lovely meal well looked after and the service was perfect. We had two families there and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good friendly service.

1  Thank David T
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came here on way back south and met two very good friends for lunch, one of whom I know is a regular frequenter of Panis

The atmosphere is relaxed and very much like a cafe, but the food is restaurant quality.

We had two of the spicy fish soup starters which were excellent, a filling starter with a real nice kick.

Then had a chicken flatbread, two of the sausage pastas and a chicken ciabatta

All the food was hot, nicely presented and very tasty

four coffees, two large bottles of sparkling water, 3 large glasses of wine, £20 each - can't complain at that !!

Will happily return and would highly recommend

1  Thank nedthewonderhorse
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I often go to Pani's. My first ever visit was back in 2007. I have been going ever since. My most recent visit was yesterday for a spot of lunch with a friend. We were seated and served immediately despite it being very busy. The efficiency and friendliness of staff is of the best possible standard. It has such a great atmosphere, a real buzz to it. I also went last Thursday evening with a friend. I had the bruschetta tradizionale, followed by the tagliolini 'cun butariga' it was delicious; my favourite dish by far. The food is just exquisite. I cannot wait until my next visit. Thank you.

1  Thank rjclark19