“Why Haven't I Been Before?”
Review of Kafeneon

Kafeneon
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friendly family run restaurant, with a warm atmosphere and amazing freshly prepared food. Great for any occasion so give it a try!
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Have always lived in Newcastle but have never been to this Cafe. I think that the Bigg Market address meant it has been slightly off my radar. However the recent reviews have been so good that I felt I had to try it. Was out in town with my son - which always involves eating - so took the plunge. It is really good, friendly staff, clean and freshly cooked food. It is not going to win a Michelin star but I would certainly go back. Freshly squeezed orange juice, good coffee, all day breakfast and my son said the burger was very good. Generous portions - the sharing platters looked very good.

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I work in Newcastle city centre and the guys from cafe neon came round with a menu...free delivery! I can honestly say the nachos are amazing...I am addicted. The wraps are also fabulous....but can we have salt sachets please? The spicy wedges are lush...need I say more :-)

1  Thank leenmand
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I've been going to cafe neon for years and have never been disappointed. If its been for a coffee and cake or a lovely romantic meal with my girlfriend I've always thoroughly enjoyed my experience there.
Favourite meal: Moussaka
Favourite drink: Freshly squeezed orange juice (honestly! They've got one of those crazy juicing machines :-) )
Favourite dessert: their list is always changing but I recently tried their white chocolate profiteroles....Amazing
I definitely recommend this lovely eatery.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have dined tens of times at Neon and it has never disappointed. The food is freshly prepared, delicious and great value for money. Eat here when you want well priced yummy food, great service in nice surroundings.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Have visited Cafe Neon many times for cocktails/ lunch/ romantic dinner/ dessert etc. Every time the staff have been lovely and the food has been fantastic - tasty and great value. Most recently they excelled themselves when I explained I have a gluten intolerance. The staff were able to go through the menu without hesitation to explain each dish and why I would or would not be able to have it. For example they even knew whether there may be a trace of flour in the food which may have triggered any reactions dependent on the extent of my intolerance! Couldn't praise them more!