“My favourite!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kafeneon

Kafeneon
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Friendly family run restaurant, with a warm atmosphere and amazing freshly prepared food. Great for any occasion so give it a try!
“My favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch last Friday and picked our favourite place to eat, Kafeneon. The food never disappoints. We have fallen in love with their new take away sandwich wraps so much so that we asked for them to eat inside instead of takeaway. The food is always fresh and tasty, service is always friendly with a smile. Can't praise the place enough and would highly recommend to anyone.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Early Tea at Kafe Neon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Visited Kafe Neon with a girlfriend for an early tea, had the table booked for 5.30pm.

The waitress was very pleasant and polite on our arrival and showed us to our table. We had the 2 course special for £8.95. Our drinks were served quickly and so was our food and it was hot, tasty and fresh and generous portions.

The venue is quite small upstairs but bigger downstairs and I can imagine it is quite nice to sit outside on a warm day.

Nothing I would change about the experience and I would recommend and return again and take the other half!

“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Visited Kafeneon yesterday (not for the first time) with my mum and enjoyed a lovely lunch. I had the warm chicken salad and asked for it without the red onions and was asked if I wanted anything else in its place so chose olives - it was fantastic, best salad I've had in ages. My mum got the pork gyros and was surprised at how much pork was in the pitta, I even tried some it was delicious. Quick service and very welcoming friendly staff, great experience topped off by beautiful coffee and very reasonable bill. Will be back again no doubt!

“Very average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

When I walked into the place it seemed lovely. The atmosphere and decor was really lovely and the menu had plenty of choice. Waitresses were very pleasant. However when the food came we were really disappointed. The pulled pork was nice but the salad (just iceberg lettuce) was soggy and not very fresh. The potato wedges were exactly like the cheap frozen ones you'd buy fron a supermarket and they weren't even cooked properly!!! Still hard in the middle. My partner had cajun chicken and it did not taste fully cooked and was slightly pink. The desserts and drinks were lovely though, so I would recommend going for coffee and cake and not bothering with a full meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington, United Kingdom
“Top stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Invited friends to join me here for my birthday. Hadn't been before but would love to go again. Food, service and atmosphere all excellent. Haven't enjoyed a night out more in ages.

Visited August 2013