“Great food!!”

Kafeneon
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Friendly family run restaurant, with a warm atmosphere and amazing freshly prepared food. Great for any occasion so give it a try!
Newcastle
“Great food!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I originally bought a Groupon voucher for two but ended up all four of us (3 adults, one child) going for lunch. The voucher clearly stated that lunch was from 2pm but I hoped that we might be able to start a bit earlier as there were two paying guests - sadly not the case.I think it is fair to say I was not impressed about that so the restaurant had a lot to live up to. I was pleasantly surprised!!

All starters and main courses were amazing - quality of a very high standard and very generous portion sizes!! Defeated my 18 year old, 6'3" Rugby playing son!!!

Best food I have ever tasted outside Greece - and certainly up there with the best I have ever had having toured that country a lot!

We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2014

Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had lunch at this restaurant on Saturday, 16th August. I was shown straight to a table by the owner. The service was friendly and efficient. I had the beef dish which was beautifully cooked and a glass of very acceptable red wine. Excellent value. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Generous portions, good service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I went on a Living Social Deal, and was impressed by the value. Portions were huge, and I was able to substitute fries on my main course for extra Greek Salad, yum. The only reason I did't give 5 stars was that they had run out of hummus, and while I was happy with the tasty taramasala instead, what kind of Greek restaurant runs out of hummus?! :) Sat outside in sunshine and service was great. Would go back,

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing mojitoes! ”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband visited after getting a living social voucher.

To start I had the halloumi (delicious) and my husband had the nachos (also delicious...I may have stolen a few).

We then had the chicken souvlaki and pork gyros. The portions were huge and really enjoyable.

The cocktail menu was extensive with the largest range of mojitos I have ever seen! I tried the passion fruit mojito which was great and totally refreshing.

Our booking was at 6.30 and the restaurant was busy and full of atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Would definitely return.

“Best souvlaki”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Best souvlaki outside of Greece and it had a lovely Greek feel about it going again soon not to expensive either the baklava looked lovely but saved for another time