“The best steak I have ever eaten”
Review of As You Like It

As You Like It
Reserve with OpenTable
As You Like It is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Quite simply, the best steak myself and 7 others I was with has ever eaten! The cocktails are lovely, atmosphere is great. We went downstairs after our meal and enjoyed some great live music with abit of dance music thrown in. Fantastic will go back again, only reason Im not giving top marks is the service charge which was put on the bill without any knowledge, however this was removed at our request as we wanted to choose our own amount to leave.

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Samantha

I hope all is well with you?

I'm pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed there dining experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Not somewhere you would go if your a bit chav or want some fast food. Its a very classy place - the decor is unreal, totally beautiful with funky music too - it was right on the money style and ambiance wise. The cocktails are amazing, my girlfriend didn't know what she wanted but the bar staff took time to explain them to her and suggest a few based on her likes - she loved them and it was appreciated. The service was a little slower than usual but that's a good thing for us i don't like the way at times your food comes like a conveyor belt in some places, we didn't want our night rushed and it was never an uncomfortable wait. The food was great we went on a Sunday for lunch and every part of the meal was beautiful, every part seemed to be as nice as it could have been, we have had no better Sunday lunch eating out. Service and customer experience is always something important to me and i was impressed by the friendly staff who could not do enough for us both from helping regarding cocktails, providing table service for more drinks and ensuring we had all we needed.

We had a great experience.

1  Thank Shirbinator
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Good afternoon

I hope all is well with you?

Thank you for taking your time to leave such lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. We really appriciate it! i'm pleased to hear that our staff made sure you and your girlfriend were looked after throughout the night.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again in the near future.

Thanks again for your time.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Been here a few times, tried to call to make a lunch booking a few days ago and they hung up on me! Sent an email also which was not responded to. Will not be back.

4  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had high expectation for the food given comments from friends. The food itself was OK, nothing flashy but OK nonetheless. The service though was really slow, after ordering we waited at least 45 mins for mains and then the same again after ordering desert. Around 30 mins after ordering desert the waiter returned to advise some of the orders we not available and could we re-order. None of the staff mentioned or apologised for the delay which would make me think it commonplace. I wasn't in a big rush that evening but equally wouldn't rush back.

2  Thank stevejenks
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. Here at Apartment Group we value each and every one of our customer’s comment’s and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time.

From your review it looks like there were a few things we should have done differently and I would like to sincerely apologise that your visit was not to your liking.

Apologies again and i hope we can make it up to you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

A fantastic chic restaurant and bar nicely set out of the way of busy Osborne Road. Great for a catch up meal or a party, Weddings must be amazing here. Staff are all friendly. If you are going for a meal, then its worth booking a table in advance as they do fill up quick. The food is worth the money, you get loads! My only complaint is that the drink prices are a bit high, you are better off getting a cocktail that a mixer and spirit.

Definitively worth a visit.

Dear Louise

I hope all is well with you?

Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. We always appreciate our customer’s valid comments and they will be taken on board with immediate effect. If you have time please email me on info@apartment-group.com with any further comments you have regarding your experience with us or anything else I can help to provide you with.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.