“Great food in a special place.....”
Review of As You Like It

As You Like It
Reserve with OpenTable
As You Like It is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hadn't been here for quite some time (for no particular reason really) but will certainly be back again soon. A varied menu, with great 'fusion' dishes (very much reminiscent of the old 'Barn Again' days - don't know if it's still the same Chefs?) all cooked and presented so marvellously well. Add in the inestimable Olly, who we've known for many a year (other staff were excellent too) and Yes, We Like It......

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Good afternoon

Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here, and we do hope to see you again soon.

I will pass on your kind words to the staff.

Have a good weekend.

Jo

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Loved the place very good atmosphere. Food okay nothing special, wine not great.
Live Music was very good downstairs after meal.
The top hat cocktail was not very good.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Good afternoon Anne

I hope all is well with you?

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. I hope you enjoyed your family meal.

Here at Apartment Group we value each and every one of our customer’s comment’s and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time

We always appreciate our customer’s valid comments and they will be taken on board with immediate effect. If you have time please email me on info@apartment-group.com with any further comments you have regarding your experience with us or anything else I can help to provide you with

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Attended my cousins wedding reception at 'As You Like It' and was very impressed. The staff were very attentive and the decorations lovely. Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed their meals. I visit Newcastle fairly frequently and would certainly call back.

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I hope all is well with you?

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, we really appriciate you taking your time to write such positive comments.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cousins wedding reception, and I will pass on your kind words to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Quite simply, the best steak myself and 7 others I was with has ever eaten! The cocktails are lovely, atmosphere is great. We went downstairs after our meal and enjoyed some great live music with abit of dance music thrown in. Fantastic will go back again, only reason Im not giving top marks is the service charge which was put on the bill without any knowledge, however this was removed at our request as we wanted to choose our own amount to leave.

Hi Samantha

I hope all is well with you?

I'm pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed there dining experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Not somewhere you would go if your a bit chav or want some fast food. Its a very classy place - the decor is unreal, totally beautiful with funky music too - it was right on the money style and ambiance wise. The cocktails are amazing, my girlfriend didn't know what she wanted but the bar staff took time to explain them to her and suggest a few based on her likes - she loved them and it was appreciated. The service was a little slower than usual but that's a good thing for us i don't like the way at times your food comes like a conveyor belt in some places, we didn't want our night rushed and it was never an uncomfortable wait. The food was great we went on a Sunday for lunch and every part of the meal was beautiful, every part seemed to be as nice as it could have been, we have had no better Sunday lunch eating out. Service and customer experience is always something important to me and i was impressed by the friendly staff who could not do enough for us both from helping regarding cocktails, providing table service for more drinks and ensuring we had all we needed.

We had a great experience.

1  Thank Shirbinator
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

I hope all is well with you?

Thank you for taking your time to leave such lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. We really appriciate it! i'm pleased to hear that our staff made sure you and your girlfriend were looked after throughout the night.

We look forward to welcoming you both back again in the near future.

Thanks again for your time.