“Fab food and great customer service....maybe avoid online booking”
Review of As You Like It

As You Like It
Reserve with OpenTable
As You Like It is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited with friends for food and cocktails last Friday.

Booked a table well in advance online for the restaurant's excellent Friday deal where the first round of drinks are free.

Unfortunately we had been placed on the type of high table with bar stools that you would just sit at for a couple of drinks but our waitress who was working her first weekend was more than happy to help as was the manager and located a new table which we all really appreciated given they were very busy and seemily always sell out of tables on Friday's.

Food when we got to the upstairs table was amazing, well cooked and not a single dish that we didn't enjoy. Will be back again very soon.

Word of warning on the booking though if your in a small group, seemily the website is allocating tables in the bar area when you think your booking the restaurant, I would call rather than booking online just in case. Really lovely place and atmosphere so would be a shame to spoil a good night.

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Good Afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. We value each and every one of our customer’s comments and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time.

I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here at our venue, and we hopefully look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Anna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hadn't been here for quite some time (for no particular reason really) but will certainly be back again soon. A varied menu, with great 'fusion' dishes (very much reminiscent of the old 'Barn Again' days - don't know if it's still the same Chefs?) all cooked and presented so marvellously well. Add in the inestimable Olly, who we've known for many a year (other staff were excellent too) and Yes, We Like It......

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Good afternoon

Many thanks for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience here, and we do hope to see you again soon.

I will pass on your kind words to the staff.

Have a good weekend.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Loved the place very good atmosphere. Food okay nothing special, wine not great.
Live Music was very good downstairs after meal.
The top hat cocktail was not very good.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Good afternoon Anne

I hope all is well with you?

I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to As You Like It. I hope you enjoyed your family meal.

Here at Apartment Group we value each and every one of our customer’s comment’s and do our utmost to provide you with a perfect experience every time

We always appreciate our customer’s valid comments and they will be taken on board with immediate effect. If you have time please email me on info@apartment-group.com with any further comments you have regarding your experience with us or anything else I can help to provide you with

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Attended my cousins wedding reception at 'As You Like It' and was very impressed. The staff were very attentive and the decorations lovely. Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed their meals. I visit Newcastle fairly frequently and would certainly call back.

VenueManager, Guest Relations Manager at As You Like It, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Good afternoon

I hope all is well with you?

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, we really appriciate you taking your time to write such positive comments.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cousins wedding reception, and I will pass on your kind words to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Quite simply, the best steak myself and 7 others I was with has ever eaten! The cocktails are lovely, atmosphere is great. We went downstairs after our meal and enjoyed some great live music with abit of dance music thrown in. Fantastic will go back again, only reason Im not giving top marks is the service charge which was put on the bill without any knowledge, however this was removed at our request as we wanted to choose our own amount to leave.

Hi Samantha

I hope all is well with you?

I'm pleased to hear that you and your friends enjoyed there dining experience here, and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your week.