“Sort out your service”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
“Sort out your service”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Sorry about moaning about you're restaurant but I didn't like the service. My wife was given her food and then 10 minutes later I had to ask for mine. Ten minutes later I got mine. Between that I was passed by staff at least 5 times and none of you lot noticed I had no dish. I'll be totally honest I thought your food was a tad embarrasing too. Maybe you had a bad day.

Visited May 2014

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“The best japanese restaurant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am an absolute fan of Japanese food, and I have been to many Japanese restaurant in Europe. I even cook Japanese food at home. Yet, st Sushi has proven again and again to deliver the best Japanese food I have ever tasted.

Service: The service is nothing but great. The waitresses are always polite, professional and efficient. I have a food intolerance which has proven a challenge in many restaurants, but not here! They are always careful and considerate, never had a problem! The waiting time is also a non issue, as even when the restaurant is full (and it is a very popular restaurant) they always manage to deliver the food within an appropriate waiting time.

Food: I go to both st Sushi restaurants in town and I was never disappointed. The food is an absolute delight. I went there many times with all sorts of people (family, friends boyfriend) and everyone agrees on the excellency of the menu and the chefs. Fresh ingredients, superb execution and a wide variety of traditional foods to choose from. Just great!

Value and cost: The sushi can be a bit expensive, but do believe me when I say it is VERY good. There are also many other foods and menu special sets that include sushi (like bento boxes) that are very affordable (a bento box for lunch is around 7pounds, and includes sushi, miso soup, rice and the chosen main food). They even have a delivery service, which I have also used, and the food is equally good.

Atmosphere: It could have a bit more of a Japanese "feel" to it, but it is still pleasant, warm and clean. No fuss about it.

All in all this is not just my favorite Japanese restaurant, it is my favorite restaurant in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I would recommend it to everyone (I actually do take everyone I know there).

• Visited May 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Really good ”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Top place for Sushi and the like ... No grumbles here ... Good service. I had the salmon Bento box ... Very tasty indeed will be back ...

1 Thank Phil N
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi restaurant in the North east”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I visit St Sushi a lot, so I though I should make it my first TripAdvisor review. The sharing sets are wonderful, we usually have the Tokyo set which is a mixed sushi and sashimi set. The smaller sides such as the fried squid and jellyfish salad (not always available), are delicious. It's fantastic value for money and the service is always impeccable. The wine list is also good, and the atmosphere is relaxing and laid back. One of my favourite restaurants ever.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank NewGirl82
“Super Tasty Sushi”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Easily one of my favourite restaurants. My favourite meal is the Salmon Teriyaki Bento Box which is amazing! St sushi is the best place to go for sushi in Newcastle and there is a huge choice on the menu (I'd recommend the St Sushi ISO). I don't often have deserts in restaurants but out of curiosity I ordered the Tempura Fried Ice Cream and it was actually really tasty! Green tea is unlimited refills too which is a real bonus. Staff are friendly and service is always very good.

• Visited April 2014