“Sunday lunch.”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited here for the first time on recommendation from a family member. Managed to get in the car park [very small] and was quite impressed with the outside appearance. Spacious inside with plenty of space and tables/ Staff very friendly and willing to please. We ordered the Sunday lunch with chicken. Very tasty and hot ad well presented. Downside was it was a half chicken, and unfortunately picking through skin and bone at Sunday lunch isn't for me. However, it was tasty. Next time we'll order the beef which I understand is excellent. Well worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for The Pack Horse

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We've eaten here a few times and enjoyed the food but it's a bit slow coming out. More than once we've had to go to the counter and ask after quite a delay, once it was almost 45 minutes and the response about no-one telling us there was a delay was a little disappointing. Let people know if there is a delay, it's much better customer service. The last time we were in about 3 weeks ago it was a quiet lunchtime and we still waited about 30 minutes. It spoils a good meal.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend have been regulars of the pack horse even before it was a flaming grill and was serving hearty pub lunches before the fire and it changed hands.

Always admit lovely food always good discounts and offers about if you grab a loyalty card at the bar they'll stamp each meal you have and you can save up for a FREE main meal or a Starter.

We always visit on a sunday and always find something on the menu friendly service and menu changes regular.

thumbs up and see you soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went here because my son likes ribs, we made the order and it arrived pretty quick, the ribs were dehydrated, no BBQ sauce and tasted really bland, I also had a small rack which was just as bad, the pork steak, chop were pretty awful and all dried up, the steak and ale pie was not too bad with the exception that it was small and the pastry was really thick, I will never visit this place again and I should have read the reviews before I chose to go there!

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Pack Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear George M

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Pack Horse in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We visited on the 30th December, while waiting to be seated the waiter told us 'it's just a case of finding a clean and cleared table' which there wasn't a lot! She explained they had a busy morning... Any way we found a table and told its 40 mins for the food we didn't mind the wait but then it took about 40 mins just to order our drinks and receive them! When we finally ordered and waited the food came, the steak was good well but they seam to never cook the peas properly! Always hard!
The ribs where full of fat and had barely any BBQ sauce on and needed seasoning very bland!
While there the tables in the conservatory where not emptied or cleaned while the full 2 hours we where there! Which is no excuse!
The waiter was the girl with brown pig tails in and I have to admit we always avoid sitting in her area as she is extremely slow at service!
I normally love coming here and lately it has gone down hill hugely!