“Worth a visit. Has inspired me to visit kerala”
Review of Rasa - CLOSED

Rasa
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit. Has inspired me to visit kerala”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The chutneys are up there with the best I've ever tried, an excellent, extensive and unusual selection, especially the fish one. We opted for a totally veggie meal. Starters were quite large and were a type of street snack I guess, full of amazing blended spices but left my wife and I quite full and scared for how we may feel after eating our mains. The chutneys and poppadoms are enough as a starter in my opinion. We ordered an aubergine curry cooked in a yogurt and coconut sauce which was an unconventional choice but tasted delicious as was too the black bean, lentil dish. We also ordered 2 sides of coconut rice and fried cabbage seasoned delicately with fresh coconut and spices. We had no room for deserts but I must mention the ones that were delivered to other tables looked delicious. Service was ok, non intrusive, waiters happy enough to support your selections and not too pushy to direct you to order the most expensive options. Nice simple bright colorful decor, clean toilets. Overall a good dining experience although it was a little more expensive that most of the other curry houses which we have attended. We did not much change from £60 for a good bottle of red, poppadoms and chutneys, 2 veggie curries and 2 sides. Check it out if your a little tired of your conventional chicken tikka masala.

1 Thank 123marc321

Sandsend, United Kingdom
“Disappointed - but would go back and try something else”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I tried the crab but although it was delicious, it was difficult to eat as they had pre-cracked the shell and there were sharp bits in amongst the meal that made it an unpleasant experience. I mentioned it to the waiter who said he had told me in advance of my order that the crab was served in its shell - what he didnt tell me was that they smashed it before sending it out which is quite different
The rice pudding was runnier than that in the Rasa Maricham and somewhat surprising was supplied with a pressed metal teaspoon to eat it with - surely their nice heavy round cutlery has teaspoons - obviously not !!
I didnt feel it worth quibbling about the service charge but it is a bit cheeky of them to charge it and then not offer me change from my payment till I asked
I would go back and try a different dish.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DTPybus
Aarhus, Denmark
“Flavour Explosion”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The food: very fresh, well put together, and highly flavourful without being overloading. Not only was the main course very good, but the appetizers were a fun and fresh sampling, while the desert (banana pancake) was laughably delicious.

The service: Unobtrusive yet very attentive, knowledgeable and well timed. I would argue many ritzy restaurants should take note of the modern quality of service at this restaurant.

Drop your other ideas and go here.

• Visited April 2014
“Fantastic food and a little different”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Found Rasa on the quayside and ventured in - had the feast menu which was excellent - nothing like the usual curry but fantastic flavours and texture, especially the fish pickles and fish curry (don't usually do fish!). Well worth the visit

1 Thank Djgwright
Durham, United Kingdom
“South Indian Delights”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Took my mum for mother's day, food is pure South Indian Kerala style, this is very different from other parts of India and not what you get in a "typical" curry house. So if you after a Tikka masala or samosa forget this place.
Place is nice and clean, and staff friendly and helpful.
A bit pricey but worth it for the calm atmosphere and different foods on offer.
They cater for veggies and vegans quite well.

• Visited March 2014