Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
Woodland Grange(Leamington Spa)
Grand Hotel(Kenilworth)
Woodside Hotel(Kenilworth)
View Hotel
Eaton Court Hotel(Leamington Spa)
  • Room Service
All reviewskavi restaurantbusy roadfull englishbuffet stylehotel restauranttea and coffeecomfy bedyogurtstoneleighwarwickshire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Friday May 24th 2013 in order to attend a Murder Mystery Dinner. We had an excellent time for a good value price, which included double bedroom,3 course meal, Murder mystery entertainment, disco to 1am after dinner and breakfast next day.
There were 150 guests in a large room but my only slight criticism was with so many people there, it was difficult to hear what the actors were saying, due to the noise of talking, whilst actors were performing. But that did not really distract from our enjoyment too much.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is on quite a busy road. Tip is to try to get room at back, which is quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Good location. 3rd stay in 2 years (cos it does the job!!). No real changes. Excellent parking. Very friendly reception & welcome. Very clean but simply 'well used'. Tacky in places. Go for rooms on 2nd floor - simly to SEE greenery and not yard walls!. Chipped furniture. 2nd bedside table or at least shelf!! Otherwise your glass of water is on the floor. Carpet stains, functional. Stay prices are negotiable but it seems to depend on how full they are. Excellent restaurant (but then I'm a curry freak) also has Italian Chef in same restaurant (bizarre) but excellent food. Attentive waiters, not cheap but authentic. Breakfast excellent but noisy (yak, yak, yak) I'm not complaining but some 'tarting' is so easy, the handyman must just be rubbish.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Went on a Murder Mystery event. Room was stuffy and noisy as we were overlooking the "delightful" view of all the air conditioning units. Shame as the room mightn't have been too bad otherwise. The event was loud, very amateur and not enjoyable at all. I don't know who they thought they were catering for for none of the people we spoke to enjoyed it. The meal at the event was pretty poor too. The best bit was the company I went with. Breakfast saved me from rating this as a 1. The food then was average but the tables just weren't cleared and when I cleared our table to give us some space, a member of staff got very fed up and was rude. I wouldn't go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a window overlooking the back garden
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We received an invite to the Murder Mystery night as a deal with an overnight stay and booked with the minimum of fuss. The hotel is easy to find and there is plenty of parking, so a good start to our couple of days away. Reception was friendly and helpful and our room was very good and clean but not luxurious, so no real complaints there. The Murder Mystery evening was held during dinner (which was served well, hot and tasty) and we really enjoyed the evening but did not stay on for the dancing afterwards. We both enjoyed a good nights sleep and the shower provided enough hot water for us both. Breakfast was the usual hotel buffet, with cereals, a full english and pastries on offer with lots of hot & cold drinks. All in all we had no problems at all, and at the deal price was well worth the money - I'm not sure if I would feel as happy if we had paid the full price. To finish I would recommend the Murder Mystery event if you get a deal - good fun and money well spent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g6yog
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Hotel is basic,not a great position on a main road and grounds just grass but for cheap deal the room was fine comfy bed good t.v,however not much hot water.
Murder mystery night
This was really enjoyable for the price of the deal we got. Food was nothing special but was hot and served efficiently.the mystery team were good and managed well with the large group.
You sit on tables of ten and so the people you sit with will make a difference to the evening as you need to bounce ideas around between each other. After the mystery is solved there is a disco and most people stayed and it was well done.
The people at the evening were of a wide range of ages from late teenage to more mature couples and group of friends.
All in all I would recommend if you can get a cheap deal

Room Tip: We had a room at the front it was fine and we had no road noise although the main road was close
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends