“The Ramada”

Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We went to this hotel with National Holiday as part as the Silverstone Grand Prix beak! The hotel looked nice from the outside and in the lobby, quite impressed really! Whether the girl on reception wasn't expecting to have to register 47 people at one time I don't know, but she couldn't cope, she was really impatient and quite rude!
We were told that dinner would be served at 7-30pm, it was 8-10pm! The starter was okay, some sort of tomato soup with spring rolls but the main, well it beggars belief! The meat was a choice of pork or turkey, the chef couldn't identify which was which, served with dry potatoes, cauliflower and carrots, oh and broccoli, all of which must have been bought at the reduced counter! But first they ran out of meat, then veg, so it didn't really matter!
Breakfast next morning was reminiscent of Fawlty Towers, tables still with glasses and bottles of beer not cleared from the night before and utter chaos in the dining room! No sausage, bacon nearly gone and what there was was nearly raw and fatty, in fact it looked like it had been steamed! To be fair, the hot plates were refilled but as we only had 30 minutes before we had to leave that didn't help much!
The bedrooms were ok, my room was clean but my son had a room which hadn't been dusted and he had hardly and water for his shower! Thankfully we were only there for one night and could put up with it! I'm sure it's an okay hotel for the ordinary paying guest but it's as if they are treating members of a coach trip like second class citizens! Well mate, we pay same as others! Forgot to say, there was a private function which went on until 3am and the noise was terrible!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moira L

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel with national holidays,check in was poor,told the female receptionist our names and couldnt find my mothers name tried to explain to her that my mother and father had one room together but she said we said we had three rooms and was very rude to us.Rooms were basic but ok,was told evening meal would be at 19.30 45 min later we were told buffet was ready,choice of two meats, tried to ask what they were no one knew, not even the chef got it right.anyway it was a choice of either pork or turkey with veg which was very poor.Breakfast was at 06.30 looked like the usual buffet style,bacon under cooked kept running out of everything and we had to tell them and it took that long we gave up.The whole experience was very poor it was like they werent expecting us or something.Stayed at a few hotels with national holiday but this was far the worst.never again.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Room was adequate- nothing special and parts of the hotel are looking a bit dated but it was clean. No remote for TV and they could not get one to work when I asked, but that wasn't too important. We had 2 hairdryers in the room but neither of them worked- the girl in reception did not believe I had pressed the correct button or tried them in difernt plugs and insisted on coming up and checking them for herself before she believed me! We did get a replacement in the end. As for the evening entertainment.... well sorry to say it was rather dire. It was a large room with a lot of people- 140 I was informed when they usually only book 70 people maximun. The result was it was very diffucult to hear what the actors were saying, they were also circulating the tables and giving out bits of information but they hardly came to ours. I lost interest after the first half hour. The food was 'ok'- packet veg soup to start, chicken in a tomato based sauce and veg or vegetarian lasagne and proftieroles fro pudding. the disco afterwards was quite good but I never did find out who killed who!! The breakfast was terrible. tinned fruit ot cereal, cold overcooked and greasy bacon/eggs etc, not very palatable at all. I would never stay there again.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here overnight before attending training at Warwick uni...nice room, nice bar, decent breakfast.
Also handily placed just off the ring road between Coventry and Kenilworth
only issue was restaurant closed at 10 and no bar snacks, etc were available. I could have had room service but wanted to eat out of my room, besides there was a £4.95 surcharge for room service...good job they sold crisps ;-)

Room Tip: I was in room 228, a long way from reception but quite outlook and very spacious
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Check in very good, reception efficient. Had a refubished room, only complaint not having a stand for my case! Shower good, but why, when refurbishing did they not put the new style rails that curve outside the bath, big error on their part. Breakfast slight improvement from previous visit and they now use the plate warmers, and toast only had to go through once.
Whilst the food in the restaurant was OK, it was bland, I suspect because the Chef is not sufficiently experienced in either of the two cuisines (Italian and Indian). Service was very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and 4 friends. We travelled from 5 different locations in the UK.to meet up there.All the rooms had obviously been recently refurbished with brand new beds and a great flat screen TV and were spotlessly clean.The staff were welcoming and accomodating to any requests even though there was a conference group also staying and they were very busy. The lady on reception was particularly helpful with advice on where to visit and the best place to park in Warwick.We ate in the restaurant which has a choice of Italian or Indian. 3 of us ate Italian and 2 Indian and all our meals were good. Breakfast was typical of this type of hotel and there was a good choice . I would certainly stay here again as it is easy to locate and centrally placed for journeys up and down the country.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed for the national funeral exhibition last weekend. Our stay was poor, didn't sleep well, bath leaked, taps on sink didn't work, tv screen was damaged. Staff were friendly though and breakfast was acceptable.

Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
#4 of 7 in Kenilworth
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick

Been to Ramada Warwick Kenilworth? Share your experiences!