“Wonderful NIght away”

Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed 16 March 2014

booked for a champagne and chocolate night away, arrived to find rose petals on bed with box of chocs. Staff were all first rate, meal in the restaurant was top notch. service was outstanding. definately would return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I would be sharing this with the entire team. I am glad that you liked promotion of Romantic Night stay and were impressed with the room decor including Flowers and Chocolates in the room.

Thank you again for recommending us to potential guests, looking forward to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Warwick Kenilworth

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Male receptionist was friendly and helpfull. Nick who served us afternoon tea was attentative and again friendly and helpfull. Overall it was a very relaxing break, would recommend and return again as we have already done so.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I shall be sharing your review with everyone especially Nick who you have summed up to a tee and he will be over the moon.

Once again thank you and looking forward to welcome you back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked a deal for an afternoon tea for 4 people for last saturday. Well we had fab service and lovely food well presented and served.
The room was well laid out and the sevice was excellent. We did wait to be seated in reception but once in the restaurant the staff couldn't do enough to make our experience a positive one.
The champagne was good, the cake stand jam packed With goodies and endless tea and coffee.
We were served by Nik and Conni, guys you did a great job and the manager checked a couple of times if we were ok.
thanks for a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a cracking review. We are glad that you enjoyed the time here, Conni and Nick always go the extra mile to deliver the exceptional service.

I shall be sharing your feedback with the F&B team, also would like to thank you again for recommending us to other potential guests.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Whilst we had a voucher for afternoon tea so the price was very favourable, I do think that the afternoon tea could have been a little better.. We had booked for 1400.. At 1420 we were still sat in reception, I had to ask what the hold up was, to be finally told that the stands had smashed in the dish washer, it was obvious that they were waiting for previous guests to finish so that they could reuse the stands... If we had been told this, I would have been happy to take the tea on normal plates seeing as my 8 year old daughter was very hungry..we were taken to the dining hall and seated, the setting was very nice, glass of fizz was brought to us and a choice of tea, my daughter asked for apple juice but was brought orange, she drank so was ok..the stands were brought to us with a few sandwiches on, firstly I would get rid of the lettuce bits that the sandwiches were sat on, instead I would use doylies.. And also I would use fresh chicken breast in the sandwiches and not the 'plastic' chicken... It's an Indian restaurant so I would expect 'proper' chicken..the sandwiches did leave a lot to be desired and could have been better...we had scones on the next tier but there was no cream, jam or even just butter... We did ask for jam etc and more scones were brought out which included jam etc.... Just provide jam and cream next time.... The little pastries were nice and the mousse... But looking around the room our mousse didn't appear to have the decorations of the other mousses, afternoon tea should be the same for all the guests...overall it was a pleasant experience but could have been better...

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Firstly please accept our sincere apologies for the delay caused as you had to wait for the afternoon tea. I believe the manager on shift did also apologize for the delay in getting you the table.

I have shared your feedback with my F&B Service and the production team for the suggestions which you have made. I have mentioned before, that if anyone has an issue with the service, please mention it before you leave as we can put things right, rather than have you leave with a "sour taste in the mouth" so to speak.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Attended a funtion which was ruined by poor service. Perfect example of how a management team, that doesn't value their customers, will eventually build up a reputation and wonder why they have no more customers.

To sum up, food was not bad at all but guests waited too long. Over an hour wait between starter and main.

Understaffed bar which led to queues but more concerning was the cleanliness. Glasses upside down on bar and dirty looking surfaces. Not good.

Great room and eventually managed to stop moaning and get on with enjoying the night. Band were amazing but during their last song of the night, all the lights got turned on and management told us they always turn the lights on just before 12. Basically didn't have the courtesy to let us have few minutes extra to finish the night. Basically, lights on meant, 'night over! Get out!' Everyone left the dance floor bewildered about what had happened and even the band looked a little lost for words.

Potentially a great hotel but it won't be long before it's on channel 5's 'Hotel inspector'

• Stayed: March 2014
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, I have to say that reviews only put one side of the story and I too am disappointed, especially when nothing was communicated to the hotel management whilst your event was on.

If you had said something at the time, we could have made things right for you. From time to time, people do say they are going to post comments on Trip Advisor if something is not done, my reply to my team in the Hotel is to encourage guests to do just that, as this serves two purposes.

* It gives the guest an outlet to vent their frustrations & as long as it is truthful , I have no issues.

* It allows the Hotel to respond in a open forum & for us to put our side of the story.

Unfortunately it was not quite as black & white as it appears in your comments, There was no delay in the food from our side as we were following the schedule as given by the organizer. The plates were put down and all of a sudden the organizers decided to play a game with the guests in the event and the entire service was out at halt. This is a total mismanagement from the organizers as nothing was communicated to the hotel for change of plans.
The Bar was fully staffed with 3 members at all times, I believe the organizers should have informed the guests about the plan and service timings and the way things would progress which is normally seen in many events being done but in this case it was totally missing. Also, if there were issues it was never highlighted to the top management who was around in the building during the event.

I have been informed that the Music stopped at the schedule timing as we do have other guests in the hotel who were informed about the event and the music will be played till the midnight. The hotel was also on a 100% occupancy and its our duty we respect their presence.

The staff went out of their way to accommodate all the last minute changes which was never discussed earlier and as a responsive business operators we are always flexible in doing so.

I do not wish to go into details on here, suffice to say, that your comments miss out quite a few vital elements of what actually happened.

I believe that trip advisor is a fantastic tool for everyone & certainly helps the public decide what is a good choice of Hotel, I read, respond and act on all reviews and i value all of them good and bad, however i do believe that reviews posted should reflect what actually happened.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

We booked the Ramada in order to attend a family gathering and stayed for one night. When we told family where we had booked they were quite surprised and concerned as they had heard bad reports. However upon arrival the reception desk personnel were very helpful and welcoming, the room was a pleasant surprise spotless comfortable with tea making facilities iron tv and an exceptionally clean - perhaps refurbished - bathroom with a wonderfully powerful shower.
Breakfast exceeded our expectations - everything you wanted, yogurt, cereal, fruit, pastries, bacon egg etc - the full works and the staff in the dining room were exceptionally helpful to the point that they offered to go and cook fresh eggs for us.
On telephoning reception to confirm checkout time they offered to extend this for us.

My only criticism was the fact that you could hear noise from adjoining rooms.

I would definitely recommend this establishment but would point out its location is much nearer to Kenilworth than warwick.

Stayed: March 2014
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for a lovely review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us starting from the welcoming receptionist and the quick check in and the facilities in the room which you had mentioned. We are glad that you found our rooms spotless and I will be sharing the feedback with my entire team.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed that choice of the breakfast items and the late check out was handled in a professional and friendly manner.

Looking forward to welcome you back.

J. Singh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
Loch Fyne Hotel Kenilworth
#4 of 7 in Kenilworth

Been to Ramada Warwick Kenilworth? Share your experiences!