“Disappointed”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I arrived at the hotel, checked in quickly the room allocated to us 112,alovely room the problem was the cooking odours from onsite restaurant was overpowering, were then moved to room 107, it was a little cramped although room clean with a comfortable bed, WIFI is free remember to ask for a code from reception.
Our concern is about security, as on return from a shopping trip we discovered our bedroom door ajar, we were concerned that someone had entered our room, which was the case.
On telephoning reception we were told that a couple had been allocated our room as the computer had not been updated with the room change, and on finding the room occupied they returned the key card to reception.
I was asked to explain how we came to be using room 107, then to describe the member of staff who checked us in, it seemed as if we were seen to be at fault for occupying the room.
Breakfast adequate although some limited choices, cereal was either cornflakes or rice crispies, poor choice of fruit, and cold meats, cooked breakfast however was good.
We again explained our concern about security on check out
All in all our stay at the hotel was spoilt by the security issue

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near to the restaurant
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jas_Singh_GM, General Manager at Ramada Warwick Kenilworth, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I have addressed the security concerns with the team as it is taken as a top priority at our hotel. However, I do understand for the lack of customer service during the process for which inconvenience is deeply regretted. On the positive side I am glad that you liked the hot selections from our Breakfast Buffet.

J. Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for one night for a wedding at Stoneleigh Abbey. The hotel was spotless, the room comfortable and we both enjoyed a really good nights sleep in a comfy bed. The breakfast was perfect (buffet style) with all the items being topped up every couple of minutes. We would recommend staying here as the price was also very good, and the staff very friendly even though they were very busy with a big wedding.

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a cracking review, I am glad that we lived up to your expectations and you enjoyed your stay.

I have also shared your feedback with the Breakfast team who were spot on.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Everyone can hear every step you take in the hotel, because the floor creaks everywhere. The corridors go this way and that, the steps are very steep towards the third floor, and there is no lift. The room fittings were old and clunky.

The one thing going for this hotel was the restaurant - both the Italian and Indian options were amazing. The location of the hotel is also far from everywhere else, so the restaurant is pretty much the only eatery around (which might not be a bad thing). Would visit again, just for the food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant for which I have shared your feedback with my Food & Beverage Team.

I understand that you had been allocated a room on the third floor but if you could have asked for we would have changed your room to a ground floor.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked a night away on a Wowcher deal for dinner, bed and breakfast. After reading a few mixed reviews the week before we went we weren't sure what to expect but we thought we would tie it in with a couple of days in Stratford.

On arrival, we noticed that there was a horrible smell of sewers in the car park but were pleased this did not continue into the hotel. The man on reception was pleasant and told us our room was on the first floor. Does not appear to be a lift but as we were only there for 1 night and didn't have too much luggage, this wasn't a problem.

The room itself was pleasant with a decent bed and the bathroom looked ok. One of the better rooms we thought considering some of the reviews. However, it was quite cold so we turned up the heating but there was still a gap around the window frame letting in quite a draft.

When I was about to get in the shower, I tried turning the water temperature down as it was scolding but had great difficulty doing this as it appeared to be stuck. Eventually, after a lot of effort, I managed to turn it down to have a shower which was again, fine.

We ate in the restaurant in the hotel and were given an option of italian or indian food. My wife had chicken Cesar salad followed by spaghetti bolognaise and chocolate fudge cake. Her food was average to good but there was nothing wrong with it and plenty to fill up on. I decided to mix and match from the menu and have lamb kebabs to start ( some of the nicest I've had), lasagne and chocolate fudge cake. From the ok italian food, I would definitely recommend going for the indian choices.

When we got back to our room we were disturbed quite a bit by the room below as they were making a lot of noise watching the tv (it was the Eurovision Song Contest). This was quite irritating but it did stop after the show had finished and we had a decent night's sleep as the bed was quite comfy.

Breakfast in the morning was a self service buffet. If was very good and catered for most tastes. On check out, we saw the same man on reception as we had seen on check in. He asked if we enjoyed our stay and that he hoped to see us again soon.

All in all, for what we paid this hotel was fine for us and we enjoyed our weekend in Stratford.

2 Thank JONATHAN H
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such a lovely review. I am glad that we lived upto your expectations and have shared your comments with the team.

I am so glad you felt that our Reception staff was welcoming and attentive. I will surely passing this fantastic feedback to the reception staff since it will definitely motivate them to maintain their efforts to offer high quality service to our guests, since 100% guest satisfaction is always our first priority.

Finally I would like to thank you again for your feedback. We are very proud to be your preferred Warwick Hotel! If you would like any help with future reservations please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly via the hotel. It would be my pleasure to arrange your return visit to the hotel very soon. I would of course ensure that you are well looked after.

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Approaching hotel (well looks more like a motel/Butlins) there was lots of road works going on around. Our room was nothing like the professional photos we looked at beforehand. Stairs to climb with suitcase, no sign of a lift (we weren't directed to one anyway). Room smells dank and looks dingy with little lighting. The furniture is shabby dark MDF with scratches on the corners. The bed is hard and it's lucky if you can sleep with the noise of people making love, urinating, blowdrying their hair or having a loud conversation during Britain's Got Talent. Or if that's not noisy enough, you can wake up during the night as people talk and run down the corridors as there's a big gap under the door allowing lots of lovely noise in. The bathroom has cracked tiles, missing tiles, broken taps on the sink and shower. The toilet smelt like the underground sewers in London during the Plague! You can smell a sewer smell in the carpark too. Breakfast was OK though!!! The staff look like theyre miserable as sin and stare at you from offices and Reception. On leaving, we got no thank you or did you enjoy your stay and off we scarpered.

Room Tip: Do you have to go here??
1 Thank Nicky S
Dear Guest,

It is extremely unfortunate that you experienced this noise disturbance and we cannot apologise enough as we truly understand how important is to sleep well, especially when you are far from home. Also, it appears that you had been checked in into a non refurb room, if you would have stayed in our newly appointed refurbished bedrooms then your opinion would have been totally different.

We truly appreciate your business and are determined to ensure your future stays with us are to your complete satisfaction in every respect. If you have a moment to discuss this further with me I would be more than happy for you to contact me via the hotel and I do hope we can persuade you to visit us again sometime in the future. I would of course ensure that you are very well looked after and have a memorable with us.

Kind regards,

J. Singh

Travellers are raving about these Kenilworth hotels

penzance
Reviewed 9 May 2014

No hot water to take a shower in morning. Other guests also had same problem on hearing their moans on checking out. There was also no bath plug on arrival, which as it happened made no difference due to no hot water. A cold shower is not the best way to start the day unless it's through choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry to see you were not impressed by the service you received during your recent stay. Of course I am glad you have conveyed this back to us in order to address the issues and help us to improve. It is very disappointing for us to read that you did not have hot water in the morning, this was a maintenance issue as one of our boilers had gone off. However this was rectified within no time and the second boiler system was on. Though we do apologise for the delay caused.

Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I would have liked to have given 5 stars but a couple of issues prevented.
Firstly the good things.... upon arrival the reception was very good, especially as I had changed my arrival date, but somehow the new date had not been completed. The room was of a good standard, clean, meet all my expectations. I minor issue was the socket for the kettle was not working, but there was plenty of spare alternative sockets.
The really bad issue was the restaurant service - we booked for 8pm arrived a few minutes early. The staff seemed busy and did present the menu quickly however it was 30 minutes later that the starter arrived and with long breaks in between our main course & sweet. In all it took 2 hours to complete our meals. Even the drinks seemed to take a while to be delivered. Let me hasten to add the meal was excellent and the staff did appear busy so I presume the delays was with the kitchen staff. Maybe an off day I don't know? The tables were about 75% full so I'd hate to dinner when full! I did mention this upon check out but was told "they were busy".
As I said earlier I wish I could have given 5 stars as we did overall enjoy our stay which represented good value & service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review, I am glad that we lived upto your expectations. I shared you comments with the team members and we also apologise for the delay in the restaurant as all the guest came at the same time and the food got delayed. However I have spoken the team to ensure a reservation pattern for the in-house guest is put in place for an efficient and swift service.

J. Singh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick
Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick
Woodland Grange
Woodland Grange
#3 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Ramada Warwick Kenilworth? Share your experiences!