“Love this place so I always make sure I come back even though I have moved.”
Review of Sunam Balti House

Sunam Balti House
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have been going to the Sunam for the past 15 years.Its had its ups and downs,mainly due to being soooo busy but they have now extended .
I have eaten in many Balti houses and this is by far the best authentic food I have tasted. So good in fact that each time i go back to visit family i have to go and while there enjoying my balti garlic chicken with extra chillis (which is fantastic) I ask them to come and open a restaurant in Ludlow, I can but hope. I can also recommend the sizzling fish amongst others and the keema nans have a good amount of meat inside-not like some of the ones that look like they have been coloured inside with a marker pen !
If you like a good traditional curry in a balti dish and not on a posh white plate then this is the place for you. Bring your own booze too...what more can you ask for?

Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a difference a few weeks makes...this restaurant has doubled in size by buying the next properly and has improved its look inside, making more room for people. the place was packed with people, the food was good but some dishes were a little salty. there was enough to eat and the change in size has not changed the atmosphere - still good

Reviewed 31 May 2014

You will be disappointed if you visit this establishment. They have joined the brown sludge group of indian . Poor quality indifferent service, tasteless food with no imagination. Traditional choices with no sparkle.,This restaurant is expanding it's premises why I have no idea. To be even average they need to revamp their entire menu and start employing cooks who can prepare good old fashioned indian food, then they might call themselves an indian restaurant but only after a lot of work. Don't bother visiting.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited last night for dinner with my daughter. First visit for around six months. This restaurant has been extended very tastefully.
Food as usual delicious!
Poppodoms with Chutneys followed by Balti Chicken Tikka Zalfrezi,Chicken Bhuna and vegetable pilau rice. Washed down with kingfisher.
Excellent service as usual! Will definitely return.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

When entering I didn't think much to it, it definitely needs to be spiced up in there and more comfortable.

waiters could of helped more (we had to ask them to clear our table our plates and empty glasses where lying around for about 30 minutes)

Food was lovely 6 of us had different mains and was very pleased with them, big portions also!! No one finished there food so they was very generous, naan breads are lovely.