“Very good quality B&B”

Ferndale House
Ferndale House
Ranked #4 of 8 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a very comfortable B&B on a quiet street. Mt room comfortable with all you would need and a nice en-suite bathroom. The breakfast was tasty and there was a good selection and the overall impression is of a good B&B run by people who are good at what they do. I'd certainly return.

For dinner I went to the Virgins and Castle pub about 5-10 minutes walk away. Lovely find and a good selection of Ales in an olde worlde type bar that I'd recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gramareste

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The couple who run Ferndale were extremely accommodating and friendly, and allowing the dog was a big big plus. Rooms had all the facilities needed and the beds were amazingly soft. We had such a good nights sleep! The bathroom was also modern and well kept. Breakfast was lovely. I can't really fault this place. Would stop again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steffanie_14
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I recently visited my brother and his wife and due to lack of accommodation I reserved the single room at the Ferndale; My registration was taken completed and I was shown to my room.
The room although small is well laid out with shower room, wash basin and toilet in the left hand corner of the room. A kettle with the usual coffee, and various "flavoured" tea bags provided. The television is wall mounted and is the right size for the room. I found the bed to be comfort

Breakfast is from 7 until 9.which I found to be tasty plentiful and cooked correctly. I thought the host friendly and unobtrusive.

The only negative comment I can give is the lounge contain an oversized .dusky pink settee which will not be everyone taste

I would be happy to stay at The Ferndale again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Trevor B
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed one night for business and choose Ferndale over the nearby Holiday Inn which was more than double the price and no breakfast. The B&B is in an old house and mostly retains it's charm. There is a large and comfortable guest lounge with a TV on the ground floor which I didn't have time to make use of. The room I stayed in was a double with en-suite, it was very clean and had a TV plus an ample selection of hot drink choices on offer. Supplied bed linen, towels and toiletries were all of a high standard and the bed was comfortable. I slept well and was only woken by the sounds of other guests who were up and about slightly earlier than myself - I guess this is the only downside of converting such an old property to this use. I would definitely stay again, if only for the (full English) breakfast which was fantastic. Other guests had chosen slightly healthier options such as porridge or fruit which were all on offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sleepytimeok
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Well it should do. We booked and paid for a two night stay at a very nice guest house. The owners were very pleasant and the place had lots of little added touches that make a place attractive such as quality toiletries, and quality beverage offerings including china mugs. Breakfast was of the highest quality and the whole place was encouragingly clean.

However the room ( no3) was rather tight for space and the well appointed bathroom small. The main drawback was the soft mattress and bed, making my partner and me restless and uncomfortable. Neither of us could contemplate another night in that bed so we decided to come home.
" Extras" are all very well but the basics in comfort should in place.

Room Tip: Ask about the quality of the mattress and the size of the room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adrian b
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We only stayed 1 night as we visiting the NEC. The room was clean and comfortable with an excellent ensuite. The breakfast was also excellent especially as we had special requests which were no trouble for our hosts. It is very welcoming and we will stay here again when visiting the NEC as it only 20 mins away.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for one night last week with my grandson, in a family room. The house has an air of quiet graciousness, with quality fixtures and fittings, and the owners were pleasant and helpful. There were many small touches that added a feeling of a bit of luxury, such as the co-ordinated toiletries in the bathroom, and breakfast was generous, freshly-cooked and with a veggie option, which is always welcome!

If I have cause to visit the area again then Ferndale House will be where I'll choose to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family