“A very "fyne" meal!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Lovely surroundings, attentive staff, nice ambience. Great being able to watch the hustle & bustle in the kitchen(as it's open plan). Food was beautifully presented. I ordered the crab & grapefruit salad for a starter. The waiter told me it had a bit of a kick to it, it did and it was delicious. Main courses were delicious as were the puddings. I think the Creme Brulee was probably the best I've ever had. Overall, a lovely place to spend an evening.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lat night my husband and I booked a table at Loch Fyne for 9pm. Normally when we arrive we are greeted and shown to our table. Instead we were kept waiting 10 mins before anyone acknowledged us . We were told our table was just being prepared and then waited a further 20 minutes because we had been forgotten! Once seated it became obvious that most customers had been waiting long periods of time for their food. We gave our order but whilst watching the service staff and chefs at work, it became apparent that there was chaos in the kitchen. Table orders had been lost or coming out of the kitchen at very different times. The quality of food presentation was poor and many dishes were left waiting on the counter before final dressing. We were then told that one of our choices was not available. It is very rare that we walk out of a restaurant but we had no hesitation doing this last night. What a shame that such a good restaurant appears to have lost its reputation. we would not recommend going here until they sort their staffing.

2  Thank Friends59
KatieS20142014, General Manager at Loch Fyne Kenilworth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hi
Thank you for leaving feedback for Loch Fyne Kenilworth. I would like to formally apologise that your visit with us was such a disaster. I have recently taken over as General Manager here at Loch Fyne Kenilworth and would like to reassure you that we are listening to our guests and consantly looking for ways we can improve our brand, and this is not the level of service standards we normally operate at!
I would like it if you could get in contact with me at the Restaurant so we can discuss your visit in more detail. Our telephone number is 01926 515 450.
Many Thanks
Katie

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Starter was haggis with scallops...... Only two scallops, I did not realise scallops were an endangered species.

Main meal consisted of a piece of inedible rump steak the size of a credit card

Fair does.....they did not charge for the inedible main meal after I complained

Will I be back....NO!

A total rip off

2  Thank Mark C

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review Loch Fyne in Kenilworth. Firstly, allow me to apologise that your visit did not meet your expectations. I would also like to thank you for your comments, which have helped us to identify some service issues.

Loch Fyne as a company prides itself on the quality of the freshest ingredients available seasonally, and on the informal, but highly efficient service we offer our guests. Your comments therefore, and the comments of anybody not fully satisfied with their experience, are vital to our continuing development as a brand.

Please could you contact me at the Restaurant to discuss your visit in more detail? I would love the opportunity to show you that this is not the usual standards we operate at.

Many Thanks
Katie

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed. We weren't welcomed when we arrived, in fact we were told they had large parties arriving (at gone 3 on a Sunday!) despite us being able to see plenty of empty tables for 2 and 4. The Manageress then said it was fine to let us in, so we were sat at a hot smoky table by the open kitchen. No one else arrived after us.

The food was very mediocre. My husbands tagliatelle was warmed up in a frying pan with a dollop of cream sauce out of a plastic container. My risotto was, I think, microwaved before the 4 prawns, 5 mussels (1 of which was closed!) and 2 little strips of squid we're added.

Someone's lobster sat keeping warm for over 15 mins while they cooked the chips to go with it!! Not professional chefs at all.

If you go to Loch Fyne don't sit by the kitchen. It is not a great experience!

Our first and last Loch Fyne visit!

2  Thank Chezaban
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Table for 4 so my wife and I could entertain my parents to lunch. Informed by the Manageress that "so and so will be looking after you today" and then had three entirely different waiting staff introduce themselves in the first ten minutes. Ordered starters and mains from the set menu at 2:15pm.

Finished starters about 2:45pm after a 20 minute wait. The staff knew we were getting impatient as one of them came over when they saw us looking around and reassured us that the food was "on its way".

At 3:10pm I went to find the Manageress and told her that it was now nearly an hour since we'd ordered our starters and mains and had only had our starters. She assured me she would "chase the kitchen up". Ten minutes later a waitress appeared and said "your food is on its way and I think the Manageress has been over and spoken to you?" Well no, the Manageress hadn't. 20 minutes after asking the Manageress where our mains were, she bought two of them over and said "I'll come and speak to you later."

She didn't come and speak to us. We had to leave after our mains as my Dad had only thought to get a parking ticket that allowed him a mere one hour and 45 minutes to have a simple lunch from a set menu in a chain restaurant. We had to go and seek her out with a view to negotiating some kind of amicable settlement of the bill.

Fair play, she waived the bill, but that seemed the least she could have done in the circumstances - table at 2pm, mains delivered 90 minutes later. However, the customer care and the total lack of communication in a restaurant that was barely a quarter full was pitiful.

Given the huge choice of reasonable alternatives in Kenilworth, why risk a ruined meal? Go somewhere else.

2  Thank Jorganmeister