“Very pleasant stay with accomodating staff”

The Peacock Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Yorkshire
“Very pleasant stay with accomodating staff”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We have stayed at the Peacock Hotel twice now as my partner and I often visit the University of Warwick. We recently visited for my partners doctoral graduation and had a really lovely experience. I would throughly reccommend paying the extra £20 to get a Club room as they are extremely spacious, beautifully decorated and a bargain (I only paid £80/night including breakfast). As we were celebrating I asked the bar staff for a small wine bucket with ice which they quickly provided me with to take up to our room. Breakfast was deliciously prepared in a lovely environment. The hotel is also conveniently located in the centre of Kenilworth within walking distance of several restaurants and pubs.

Will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra for a Club Room, it is excellent value for money.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Durham UK
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights - first night, got to the room which was very clean but a little tired looking. The sink in the bathroom was cracked and caused water to leak onto the bathroom floor - went straight to reception and told them and without any problem was moved immediately to the most beautiful superior room at the front of the hotel. Unfortunately that room was booked the following night so was moved to a 'club room' which again was more than adequate and again, clean and tidy (although the shower could have done with being just a little more powerful). We were on a bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast was absolutely fine - choice of cooked or buffet/continental style with excellent service. For the money we paid, we couldn't have asked for more and would definitely consider using this hotel again if we were in the area

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel was an excellent choice as a base for day trips using a rental car. The parking is ample in the back of hotel. The room was on the top floor and was comfortable and clean although semi dated.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I have stayed several times at this hotel & have always had a pleasant experience.

On my first occasion I booked for 2 nights & asked for a free upgrade using my Best Western rewards card, unfortunately an upgrade was not available for the first night & I stayed in a standard room. The room was ok, clean but tired & in need of refurbishment.

On my second night I moved into a superior room & was pleasantly surprised at the size & quality of the room.
There was a large kingsize bed which was very comfortable & included soft pillows & quality bedding. Fixtures & fittings included a sound system, DVD player, flat screen T.V with free view channels & tea making facilities. The bathroom included a freestanding roll top bath & a large shower cubicle, mosaic floors & fully tiled walls. The whole room was spotlessly clean & you would easily pay £120/ night for this standard of room in a large chain hotel.
The staff are friendly, attentive & polite & are keen to please.
The hotel also has a restaurant serving Malaysian cuisine, although I have only ever seen one couple eating in there in the evening. There are good hand written reviews for the restaurant displayed in reception but this doesn't seem to reflect the number of diners. The menu does appear very expensive & is probably the reason behind the empty tables. I think the hotel needs to look closely at the menu prices & branding which seems very overbearing & relaunch the restaurant with a new more restricted menu & lowers prices.
This aside, I would highly recommend the Peacock Hotel for both business trips & weekend breaks for couples.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra to upgrade to a superior room. Better still join Best Western reward & up...
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The warm and freindly welcome is the begining of an enjoyable trip. The rooms are very neat and tidy with all the usual bits and pieces. The restaurant serves food of a high standard of mainly Indian dishes. All the staff that I had dealings with, were helpful and efficient, whether checking on or out, or serving in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Car parking is limited so when busy finding a space can be akward.
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I checked out of this hotel today (10th July 2012) after staying 3 nights there. I like it. Great food, polite helpfull staff. I had a single room that met my needs. The bed and pillows was very comfy. Decent flatscreen TV with sky channels. Varied choice for breakfast and fast. Couple of little things I picked up on like no loo roll holder and a cork used as a door stop but they did not affect my stay. Was very affordable and I will stay again. The hotel is very close to a garage should you need to buy food or cigarettes and there is a family pub 100 yards up the road that offer great bar meals. In all this hotel is in a great location and for a 3 star hotel was one of the best hotels that I have stayed at.

Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while away with work. The rooms are simple but you get what you pay for, I stayed in a single room which was small but had everything you would need (good selection of tv channels), was worried about the TV being hard to use, at first it was confusing but it turned out that you had to use a weird contraption called a remote (technology huh). The one problem I had was noise from the room above, it did wake me up early on the first morning but luckily for me they checked out and I was able to sleep pleasently for the next two nights on what was a very comfortable bed. Staff were helpful, especially at dinner when they had to explain what each dish was. The food (this is why I booked the hotel) was very good, the menu is a little different and may scare some people off as it nearly did my boss but you shouldn't miss out, very tasty and a refreshing experience to try some traditional Indian cuisine. Breakfast was standard stuff but pleanty of it and a varied selection. If you don't fancy South Indian there is a good pub over the road, it's worth popping over on a Sunday eve if you enjoy a roast and a quiz. Overall a pleasent stay for business, and if I return to the area I would stay here again but perhaps request a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the top floor