“Fabulous Indian Resturant”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Indian Resturant”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

OK....my feelings about the Peacock are really mixed. Start with the good bits. The Resturant was great, mostly Indian food but that is the theme of the hotel. The staff were great, always willing to help and interested in the customer. My room unfortunatly was tiny....I had a double room and there really wasnt any space that wasnt unfilled with furniture.....felt very cramped. The corridors were cold and it did take ages for the hot water to come through for the shower, but I was at the end of a corridor. I would stay again saying all that.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Bath
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Ok so its not the Ritz, but I had a very pleasant stay whilst travelling on business. The room was a good size and clean, the staff were very welcoming to me and I felt very at ease and relaxed.

Really enjoyed the fantastic meal at the restaurant, so many different dishes and flavours, it was worth going there for that alone.

I would go back.

Room Tip: I always like to stay in a room close to reception when travelling on business (as a lone female) bu...
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Due to the reports on this site I was going to cancel, was I glad I did'nt.
On arrival I was greated by a friendly, efficient receptionist. She explained the details of the hotel and checked me in to room 104. What a room, it was large with a king sized comfortable bed, a lovely couch and all that I required to have a good nights sleep. Don't get me wrong the room was a bit tired and could do with a bit sprucing up. It was spotless as was the bathroom. The food in the restaurante was OK. It was Indian type food but I am sure you could get what you wanted. One gripe, they had run out of draught beer and I had to make do with lager. Car parking was safe and off road. I would certainly use the hotel again. It just goes to show, never believe all you read. I am a frequent traveller and stay in hotels at least once a week so I know what I am writing about.

Room Tip: Ask for room 104
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Oh dear Best Western, you need to get someone out to inspect this place, it may be independent, but it carries your name. Apart from an easy book-in, the rest was terrible. A double room the size of a shoe box. Landings which are freezing and a shower, which not only flows with cold water despite being set on the hottest setting, but has a water pressure normally associated to bad dripping tap. Had a meal (well ended up going down the road for fish & chips) which consisted of a burger (cold), bun (frozen) and when it came to fried onions and cheese at an extra £1.70 turned up as a quarter cut raw onion and plastic cheese, which had not melted. Three burger meals all similar, two lasagnes, swimming in grease with half frozen garlic bread and a curry which was just not edible (not due to the spice, just no flavour). I never complain about food, but on this occassion asked to speak to the manager, only to be told that the hotel manager was not available. We did get 50% off, but we should not have paid anything, it was that bad. On booking out another guest also refused to pay for his meal. No draught beer available on the Friday evening, so they had Boddingtons in a can, about 3/4 of a pint (including head), however pint prices were charged. This is most probably one of the worst hotels that I have stayed in and to make matters worse, some of the other establishments close by are owned by the same owner as this hotel. We did find a really good curry house just down the road, excellent food and not owned by the same people as the Peacock Hotel.

2 Thank mak1959

Travellers are raving about these Kenilworth hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stayed here for a business weekend - never again.

The hotel is very tired and dirty. The shower in my room - sorry , i meant cupboard instead of room, was filthy with a fine collection of hair (!!!!!) which I had to wash away before I could use it.
The food in the restauant was foul. I ordered a burger and chips and paid extra for fried onions and melted cheese on the burger - at a cost of £1.75 extra. The fried onion was half of a raw onion and the melted cheese was a slice of plastic cheese which was not melted because the burger was cold. The burger was still raw in the middle.. I was lucky though - my colleague's bun was still frozen !!!! The only bitter available at the bar was canned Boddingtons at twice the price of the local pub.

This hotel is a stain on the name of Best Western.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

My partner & I booked this hotel via Best Western as our first choice hotel in leamington spa was full. We paid the (non-refundable) fee in advance, having looked at the pictures on the hotel website & thinking it looked a nice place. What a mistake ;
- The outside of the hotel looks nothing like the pictures - I don't know when they were taken but the place looks a lot different now.
- The hallway is now painted a drab brownish colour
- The smell from the toilets permeated into the nearby dining room
- Despite booking a double en-suite room in the hotel, we found ourselves in a tiny room in what appeared to be a block of rooms at the rear of the hotel adjacent the car park. The door didn't fit properly - daylight was visible all around the frame.
- I complained to reception (I had to wait as another couple from Hull were also complaining about their room & were refusing to stay). I was then shown into a room in the main body of the hotel - the carpet was stained, the overall decor was grubby & there was a free-standing radiator in the middle of the floor as the radiators apparently were not working.
I have attempted to secure a full refund (we left immediately) but it seems that once these people have got your money they will not return it.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert M
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Booked in at the last minute to The Peacock Hotel and were absolutely delighted - good, comfortable and clean accommodation, fantastic parking facility - an absolute boon in Kenilworth - and a perfect breakfast. We're early birds and to be offered breakfast from 7am on a Saturday is another plus for us! We regularly visit Kenilworth and will not hesitate to book ourselves in again. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room in the courtyard at the back which was really peaceful, and offered excel...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family