Strange little hotel. Don't make the mistake I did and book a single room if you are intending on trying to get any work done in your room. It was a very shallow desk and there was so little space in the room that I couldn't put my reference material around me while working. There's a whole list of reasons I was not happy with my stay here:
1. Tiny room
2. Tiny single bed
3. Squeaky bed (sounded like angry ducks any time I moved)
4. Internet works on a voucher system, which is free, but every time you turn off your computer or smartphone it loses the connection and you have to re-enter the password when you want to go back on line.
5. They charge for parking. Now it's not a total rip-off at a fiver, but some of the parking spaces are so small I would worry about parking a motorcycle there, much less a car.
6. Depending on your room, your window could be facing the flue from the kitchen. So I smelled curry all night.
7. The restaurant is not very good value for money if you are used to local similar establishments in the area. In my opinion as well, the food isn't that special either.
8. Shallow desk (see above).
9. Squeaky floor boards in hall-way and poor sound insulation.
10. Incomprehensible billing. My invoice doesn't match what I actually paid.
Having said all that, it is definitely an unusual hotel, and is run by friendly people. So if that's what floats your boat, go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely Townhouse Hotel with spacious rooms and nice bathrooms. Raffles Restaurant and Bar with Lounge, situated in Kenilworth Town Centre. Close to Warwick University, Birmingham, Coventry and Leamington Spa. Warwick Castle and Stratford Upon Avon are closeby for a weekend break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Peacock Townhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kenilworth
- Kenilworth Best Western
- The Peacock Townhouse Hotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire