“A comfortable stay.”

The Peacock Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Yet again, some customers seem to be very hard to please when they review accommodation.
This is by no means a luxury establishment, but is perfectly suited to travellers looking for somewhere clean and comfortable to spend a night or two. Our room was spacious, with a modern bathroom and power shower. Plenty of towels, toiletries,tea, biscuits etc. Creaky floorboards and quirky corridors must be expected in an old building, but all add to the character.
Breakfast very ample with excellent, locally produced sausages! Service was friendly throughout our four night stay, so no complaints.
A lot of the criticism seems to be based on car park charges,which seem to cause disproportional
annoyance. It suited us to be sure of a place to park on a dreary night rather than searching around for a car park in Kenilworth, a busy place. We were satisfied with the overall experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonzorino
There are newer reviews for The Peacock Townhouse Hotel

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Peacock Best Western in Kenilworth should be called Worst Western. Check in at 5pm and the room wasn't ready. Floor boeards creeked so much you could hear every step anyone iin any room was taking. Bathroom was no bigger than an aeroplane toilet with a shower on the side than was so small you didn't have room to turn around.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice hotel with unusual slant of having an Indian restaurant as its main restaurant, Bathroom tight but all the right elements. Corridors could do with some updating, steep stairs and steps along the corridors could be a bit of a hazard.
Despite being asked to give a time we would be down for breakfast, because the hotel was full, our cooked breakfast took 25mins to come,when it did to was of good quality but the wait was a bit too long. Also had tiny cups and kept having to ask for refills please let us have a cafetiere at the table!
The car park was a challenge very tight spaces, glad I dont have a very big car

1  Thank Skellys
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I arrived just after 6pm on Saturday evening and had to wait 10 mins in my car before a car park space became available. When booking in to the hotel I was told it was £5 for overnight parking. There was hardly any light in the car park and no security or car park attendant and so I refused to pay. I was told they had to charge me because it was company policy and they couldn't over-ride it. However, I explained that I would find somewhere else to stay for the evening and amazingly was told I wouldn't be charged on this occasion! I stayed in room 205, a single room which was adequate for me however, it was obvious the carpet hadn't been vacuumed as there were black bits all over. The sheets were clean although bed and pillows very hard. Shower cubicle was very small but OK as long as you are size 12 or under. The whole place looks very tired, the carpets up stairs and landings are pretty disgusting and the whole place, including my room is in desperate need of a lick of paint. The hotel is well placed and even at 6:30pm the high street was buzzing with people and restaurants filling up quickly, but no-one eating at the Best Western. A friend recommended I ate across the road at the Greene Man pub and I was not disappointed - excellent food, excellent service, a great atmosphere, I will certainly eat there again. I travel to Kenilworth frequently and certainly won't be staying at the Best Western and wouldn't recommend it. You're better off staying at some of the beautifully clean local B & B's - there are plenty of them and they don't charge for parking!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Travelbugs915
Reviewed 13 October 2013

What a lovely hotel!The staff are lovely,they were very friendly on arrival.The room was lovely & clean.Breakfast was amazing,my husband had the full English on both mornings.He said 5stars only thing he suggested was maybe some beans! I had an Indian breakfast which was AMAZING!! I can't remember the name of it!So much so we ate at the restaurant (The Coconut Lagoon) that night because it was so good!
The hotel is central for everything & we will be defientley be returning!
The only negatives would be paying for the car park & drinks too expensive, but it won't stop us going back!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Great character being old former monastery. Good pool, elevated position with fine views, sunny terraces, excellent food and service. Quite good large grounds with olive trees. Well above town but convenient access via safe footpath with some steps to Sorrento.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 27 September 2013

after booking this via bw arrived and reception is a cupboard under the stairs ...wanted my veh reg and was told there was £5.00 CHARGE TO PARK...told them was not paying it ...a male then printed a copy of there website showing it has A PARKING CHARGE i then offered to show him the bw hotel search site which does not show it but he declined the offer...had a stable block room which was clean and presentable...but bulb out and only 3 pillows....went to the bar and ordered a pint of becks and the receptionist who had become waitress then became barperson tried pouring it and said the barrel had gone and did i want a bottle of cobra instead...offer was declined i am suprised they don't give the poor girl a high vis jacket and a wheel clamp then she can patrol the car park as well,,,instead of making money out of the car park get the hotel running and incoporate a charge for the cap park in the price ...sadly disappointed with the establishment..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jetboot
Jared H, Manager at The Peacock Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear jetboot

I was sad to learn that you felt that you were wrongly charged for parking during your recent stay. We do try our best to ensure that this charge is communicated to guests up front at the point of booking in as many places as possible. I have today checked the websites as follows and can see that parking charges are listed on all of these; http://www.peacockhotel.com/, www.bestwestern.co.uk and www.bestwestern.com.

If you are able to let me know where you saw the hotel advertised and if car parking was shown as free or not listed as charged then I will be able to address this for future guests.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again at some stage as we appreciate your business and value each of our many customers very much.

If you would prefer to discuss this directly with me please do call the hotel an your convenience.

Kind regards