“Fabulous wedding!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
uk-worcestershire
“Fabulous wedding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

We attended a wedding here on Saturday and what a fabulous wedding it was! I'm still talking about it now-holiday inn have a great offer for 50 day guests and 75 evening guests. The venue is clean and tidy the staff are friendly and very helpful. The room was decorated beautifully and the food was fantastic, quick, warm and tasty. They can definately cater for large groups. The amount of canapés we were offered was staggering, along with the generous bottles if wine at the table. We had a lovely day and enjoyed the holiday inn kenilworth!!!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank newmrsh
Louisesheepy, Business Develoment Manager at Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you very much for your review - we are so glad that you enjoyed the wedding held with us. The room looked beautiful as did the bride and groom and the sales team took pleasure in helping to organise their special day. As you pointed out we do offer some fantastic wedding packages at the hotel catering for all budgets and requirements.

Thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Kenilworth soon.

Louise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Ashington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

The hotel is easy to find and there is good parking facilities. The room we had comprised a bedroom and sitting room which meant we had room to work (one desk in sitting room and one in bedroom). The room was either new or had been recently refurbished as it was in very good condition. The bathroom was also clean and bright. Only a couple of gripes in relation to the room - the hairdryer is hard wired into a socket and there is no mirror nearby and the shower curtain, although clean had stains around the bottom. The breakfast was standard buffet style but with a hot option which is good when you don't know when you will eat again. There is a Starbucks adjoining the building but it closes at 6pm which is a shame. However, the hotel staff went out of their way to make me a coffee with hot milk which was greatly appreciated. There are lots of restaurants in Kenilworth so plenty choice for evening dining if you don't want to eat in the hotel. We didn't see it in the daylight but Kenilworth looks a very pleasant town.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Scarrface
Louisesheepy, Business Development Manager at Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Thank you very much for your review and we are glad you had a pleasant stay and you were looked after. Thank you for your comments regarding the Shower Curtain and location of the hairdryer, they have been passed on. We do hope that you come back and visit Kenilworth again soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed for one night in this hotel as it was convenient for the Chinese restaurant where we were to celebrate my son's birthday. The staff were very helpful and polite. The room was comfortable and clean with all the facilities you would expect. All-in-all, a very pleasant stay and would definitely use again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sallys_2010
Thank you very much for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out out location is ideal for the local Restaurants in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We went to England for my sisters wedding in September 2011, and it was lovely. It was held at the Kenilworth Castle which was a beautiful location. The entire city of Kenilworth in Warwichshire was really lovely. It seemed like an up-scale small town.

We flew into Birmingham Airport as it was the closet airport from Kenilworth and my sister picked us up. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Kenilworth which was a beautiful hotel with lots of amenities in and around the hotel.

Eating options was plenty in Kenilworth, and the location of this hotel was ideal for ones who like to eat – such as myself. The hotel is located right in the middle of of a great traffic circle (roundabouts) with major streets for dining. We ate at the Starbucks inside the hotel a few times for lunches and snack, and The Almanack. We also had a fantastic dinner at Indian Edge which is just down the street of The Square and it’s a fantastic East Indian cuisine restaurant which I highly recommend.

Besides all the dining and shopping in boutiques, the hotel was beautiful. It feels really new, or newly renovated. It was large, the staff was quite friendly – after they warmed up to us being familiar faces, and the rooms were large and clean.

We stayed in the Executive Suite as we needed a room with more space to get ready, and of course a king bed was worth it! It seems that England usually has either 2 twin beds or 1 queen – sometimes a double as standard sizes. So, with the upgrade, we got more space to get ready for the wedding, and visiting of other family/friend members.

The location of the room was fantastic as I love rooms that are far from the elevator. This was the perfect room for me as it was at the very end of a hallway. It had an extra window in the room which was something I loved during the day, and in the evening, the shades darkened the room really well!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cheekee
Louisesheepy, Business Development Manager at Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you very much for your review, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. The location of the hotel is one of the reasons that people return again and again due to the choice of shops, dining experiences and attractions. I am delighted that you were happy with the location and choice of your room and that you were well looked after.

If you do return to the UK for a visit please do come back and see us
CLT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Of 6 hotels in two week's this was one of the only ones the only ones that followed my reservation instructions to add a cot the room. The room was a good size and had all the things we needed. Good overall experience.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank ivster
Louisesheepy, Business Development Manager at Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you very much for your review and we are glad that we met your requests during your stay here.

We hope to welcome you back soon

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I was in the Midlands on business when I discovered this place. In an area not well served by great hotels, the Holiday Inn was a godsend.

At first the exterior of the building put me off staying there, but when I went into have a look around I was very surprised. I loved the bedrooms, and I'm fussy! The hotel underwent a massive renovation when the new owners took over and every room has been updated with clever, comfortable interiors, great bathrooms and lovely furniture in glorious jewel colours. The beds and linen are excellent and you get a choice of pillows, foam or feather. In the 9 months I was travelling back and forth from Sussex to Coventry this hotel became my second home.

The staff are just brilliant. I loved the fact that most of them are European and have that flawless European pride in great service. They just 'get' what service means. They always made sure I had a quiet room and moved me if there was a single problem. Every now and then, when the hotel was quiet, I got an upgrade as a lovely surprise. They went out of their way to look after me and just made my life a lot easier. As a lone female business traveller that means a lot to me. I loved having a Starbucks in the lobby - and it's an exceptionally good one too. Very personal. Great for breakfast and run by very amusing staff too.

Room service was great, the choice of food was fine (more geared to the men than a women - i.e. hearty home men-away-from-home food!) and the location was perfect. Right by a bus route and near a taxi rank. The hotel will always order taxis for you too.

I was based at the University of Warwick and, having seen what Coventry had to offer (nothing!) was happy to stay in Kenilworth about 3 miles beyond the university. It is a truly beautiful village with a rather famous castle, a glorious old church and a wonderful park called Abbey Fields.

Kenilworth has a pretty good selection of restaurants too if you fancy a change from the hotel, including a fantastic contemporary Indian place, all within walking distance from the hotel.

This is a great hotel with marvellous staff and ideal for business stays. Beats Coventry hotels hands down if you need a hotel that realises what business people truly need in a hotel and you want to stay somewhere with a bit more character than Coventry but within easy commute of the West Midlands.

Room Tip: I preferred to be as high up as possible and facing or overlooking the park. Their suites are spect...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Kenilworth in the near future

Tetbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

If you want good customer service, this is not the place to go ... I booked a room with this hotel through www.booking.com for 23-24/8/2011. I rang HI Central Reservations to check they had received my booking; none was received. I checked with HI Kenilworth who found a reservation but for the wrong date. Their employee, Lara, promised to reverse the credit card charge immediately and said her manager would call in the morning. The Manager, Tony, called next morning saying he would now NOT refund me, despite being promised this the previous night. He offered a credit for HI Kenilworth only, not for any HI (which would have been useful) because it was a franchise. Why bother to have the HI banner at all? My comments have been taken back to the US then sent back to the Manager at the hotel ... who was no help in the beginning. They are clearly passing the buck so I won't be staying there again nor recommending them to anyone else - I work ethically with my customers, and expect others to behave similarly but clearly Holiday Inn don't appear to think the same way.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Geoffrey H
Louisesheepy, Business Development Manager at Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you very much for your review, we are aware of this feedback which is currently being dealt with through PC members on behalf of IHG, we would like to apologise for your experience and assure you it is being looked into

Tony Diaz - Aliste