We stayed here on a 2night B&B one evening meal deal. The position of the hotel at the top of the new main street in Kenilworth is very good. There are plenty of restaurants within easywalking distance along the Warwick Road. The room with 2 double beds was well furnished and comfortable although both beds did not allow space to get in and out on both sides as they were right by the wall on one side. The bathroom was small but functional and the towels, hand, face and bath sheets were lovely.
We were surprised by the lack of choice in some areas at breakfast.. The fruit salad consisted of mostly tinned fruit and there was no fresh fruit ike apples, oranges or bananas. There was no choice of breads, just brown and white sliced for toast. The cooked buffet was OK but suffered from being rather lukewarm.
The table d'hote 3 course dinner was rather poor. It lacked imagination. We had some "handmade" chips as a side order. These were soggy and a very strange dark brown! Our other side order of chunky sald was a few lettuce leaves with about 1 tomato cut up and a few bits of pepper. Our creme brulee was accompanied by 3 hobnob biscuits! No homemade shortcake biscuits here!
We had to get our bill amended as we had been charged for 4 breakfasts that were included in the deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Kenilworth set in the heart of Kenilworth easily accessible for all Midlands motorway networks M40, J15, M6, J6 J4 and M69, J21. The Holiday Inn Kenilworth is just a 20 minute drive from The National Exhibition Centre (NEC) and Birmingham International Airport and railway station. The National Agriculture Centre at Stoneleigh home to The Royal Show is 4 miles away. The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Kenilworth has 115 bedrooms and four meeting rooms. The new Holiday Inn Kenilworth offers contemporary style and comfort for both business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers Free High Speed Internet Access throughout. The hotel will have four newly refurbished conference rooms all with natural daylight and air-conditioning the largest accommodating up to 250. Guest can unwind and relax in our modern newly refurbished restaurant 212 Kenilworth Bar and Brasserie, stop off at our Starbucks Coffee shop to sample their renowned coffee or take advantage of the 24 hour room service menu. The hotel has many attractions nearby ideally located within walking distance of Kenilworth Castle and Town and a short drive to Stratford Upon Avon home to The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Royal Leamington Spa and Warwick. For Families nearby attractions include Hatton Country World, Warwick Castle, Drayton Manor Park and Zoo and Cadburys World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kenilworth Hotel Kenilworth
- Demontfort Hotel Kenilworth
- Kenilworth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick Warwickshire