We stayed at this hotel due to an attendance of a marriage nearby, so therefore our actual stay did not consist of a long periods of time within this hotel. On our arrival we were told that our suite was not ready, but the way we were told this was not very polite and also its was some what negative behaviour from the front desk staff, we accepted that we had arrived too early and decided to go away and come back in the afternoon, we would have appreciated it more if the staff had said, "please could we offer you complimentary coffee or tea and will advise you as to when your room will be ready" like most other Holiday Inns do in the rest of the world, but since it looks like that the UK is so profit driven, I suppose common courtesy has flown out of the door.
The suites are nice but not being explained also how to get them? correctly is also a failure by the front desk staff, How would anybody know that you have to take the lift to the 6th floor and then look for a door that leads you to the some hidden stairs to the 7th floor unless you were told to do so???
The room service was lacking in attentiveness since we ordered a continental breakfast in our room and only received half of it, as I say once you get into the Suite its a nice room, but why the bad service??? also having to contact room service for a room menu seems to be confusing issue for the staff since there was not one room menu in our room for the two nights we stayed there, is this because the staff do not want to carry food to the 7th floor because of the difficult way to arrive there?
Holiday Inns you have attempted to update this hotel but, I am presuming you have not done the same with the staff in the way of training, please prove me wrong because I will be back soon to see if there is change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Kenilworth set in the heart of Kenilworth easily accessible for all Midlands motorway networks M40, J15, M6, J6 J4 and M69, J21. The Holiday Inn Kenilworth is just a 20 minute drive from The National Exhibition Centre (NEC) and Birmingham International Airport and railway station. The National Agriculture Centre at Stoneleigh home to The Royal Show is 4 miles away. The newly refurbished Holiday Inn Kenilworth has 115 bedrooms and four meeting rooms. The new Holiday Inn Kenilworth offers contemporary style and comfort for both business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers Free High Speed Internet Access throughout. The hotel will have four newly refurbished conference rooms all with natural daylight and air-conditioning the largest accommodating up to 250. Guest can unwind and relax in our modern newly refurbished restaurant 212 Kenilworth Bar and Brasserie, stop off at our Starbucks Coffee shop to sample their renowned coffee or take advantage of the 24 hour room service menu. The hotel has many attractions nearby ideally located within walking distance of Kenilworth Castle and Town and a short drive to Stratford Upon Avon home to The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Royal Leamington Spa and Warwick. For Families nearby attractions include Hatton Country World, Warwick Castle, Drayton Manor Park and Zoo and Cadburys World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Kenilworth Hotel Kenilworth
- Demontfort Hotel Kenilworth
- Kenilworth Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick Warwickshire