“Noisy,badly lit ...... I left.”
Review of The Almanack

The Almanack
Reserve with OpenTable
The Almanack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 63 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Almanack is a modern British gastropub in the heart of Kenilworth, between Abbey Fields & the High Street. We serve high quality fresh seasonal food & great beers, wines & spirits all at pub prices. Open all day, seven days a week, serving breakfast, coffee & cake, lunch, drinks & dinner, we aim to be Kenilworth’s favourite “local”.
Honiton, United Kingdom
“Noisy,badly lit ...... I left.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Went here to wait for wife while shopping. Planned pin having dinner together here.

But it was so noisy and badly lit that I left and found somewhere lively but better lit and not so noisy.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CustomerConsultant

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to meet”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

. Great place to meet. Open all day for coffee, food or drinks. Plenty of room to sit with friends or just on your own.

Visited October 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our second visit. Really disappointed first impression strong smell of urine as you walk in and throughout our stay.Had to ask for a menu after along time of sitting despite the fact that there were not many people there. Food was tasty ... But my husband did not appreciate seeing the chef lick his fingers as he prepared meals!!!
Our bill when it eventually arrived had a bottle of white wine on it which we had not had .... But was rectified when we pointed it out....good job we're on the ball!!!
Such a shame as menu was good and interesting ...
Won't go back

2 Thank foodiefromstowe
Leamington Spa
“A disappointment”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

It is such a shame to write a bad review for a place I have had some excellent times at and some really enjoyable meals at. I am writing this after having three disastrous experiences at the Almanack in the last year. Last week we decided to have a Sunday dinner at the Almanack early evening time. We were quickly greeted and given a nice table, then left, and left, and left. After filling around 25 mins chatting, I had to go to the bar to get them to take a drinks order. Our drinks order arrived and they took our food order and the food arrived in reasonable time. The food itself was very underwhelming and I think they had run out of gravy as we got a splash on each plate. No problem though as the menu says you are welcome to order more so I did and then I waited, and waited, and waited.......you get the idea. I thought I would flag down a waitress but by this point they were playing the "run past the tables and put your head down and don't make eye contact with anybody" game. I gave up on the gravy and ate what I could of the meal. Then we waited, and waited and waited and finally I managed flag someone down to take a desert order for my husband and daughter. My daughter's came, they forgot my husband's, had to try and flag someone down AGAIN!!! Throughout the whole meal no one came to see if we would like more drinks, things were forgotten, and this was not a busy time. The restaurant wasn't even half full. The staff are really friendly but the whole thing was a farce and I couldn't bring myself to leave a tip. I hope the management read trip advisor comments and take them seriously because this place used to be a great restaurant/ bar and it was somewhere I would always head to but it is rapidly going down hill. This was my final visit as I have given it enough chances and it's not cheap so I will be spending my hard earned money elsewhere.

3 Thank kj0
“Great coffee and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I am a regular due to being recognised as a regular with great service, free sausages nightly and good quality coffee. Can sit and read or use Internet for hours without being pressured to go. Had a birthday lunch which was excellent. Great addition to Kenilworth.

• Visited October 2013
The_Almanack_Manager, General Manager at The Almanack, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Hi There,

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to thank you for your recent review of The Almanack, I hope we continue to enjoy your company and we promise to ensure great service, fine coffee and speedy internet.

We are very grateful for your continued support and look forward to seeing you tonight for sausage O’clock

Many Thanks