“OK but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Almanack

The Almanack
Reserve with OpenTable
The Almanack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Gastropub, Bar, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“OK but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Had a morning coffee with the family. Service was good and friendly. Let down by the basics really though, table not clean, cracked cup, dirty spoon. Silly things really that they could easily fix I am sure.

“Great atmosphere (expensive)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, bands playing and great people around you friendly as can be. Staff are great too.

Food is really good although one occasion it was a bit poor but it wasn't anything to complain about!

I recommend this place to anyone as it is great on a weekend.

Solihull, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had visitors for the week end and decided to eat here for Sunday lunch today, I'm a vegetarian and so ordered the nut roast as a main course, my friends meals came out first they had ordered various Sunday roasts which I believe we're well received.
The nut roast I had was dry, tasteless and the consistency of dry breadcrumbs with a few nuts and mustard seeds mixed in, priced at £12.30 this dish is extremely poor value and I believe should be removed from the menu. I'm glad my friends enjoyed their meal!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Mary D
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great venue but not for a quiet drink”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great place for daytime drinks and eats but gets very busy in the evening time more of a party pub at that time but well patronised
Personally prefer the quieter place to chat but judging by the numbers many ppl don't agree
Good place just chose your time

Visited July 2014
west midlands
“Nice atmosphere, great staff but food over priced for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Myself and my partner recently visited here for a meal for his birthday. On arrival the place was very busy, no where to sit in the bar area so we asked for a table whilst waiting for drinks at the bar and were taken in to the restaurant area. I ordered a cocktail, which was very nice and reasonably priced. The waiter was lovely, very friendly and chatty, although desperately trying to sell the 'specials' - which I'm sure is drummed in to him by management. We ordered a cheese fondue starter and asked if we could have it to share, so double the amount. I'm not sure if we got double the amount, as I would say the portion was quite small for two people (the amount of cheese did not stretch very far, luckily my partner wasn't very hungry. The bill definitely said we'd had two portions, in which case I would not order one portion as a starter! I had a salmon main course, can't remember the name, but it was about £14/£15. I was very disappointed with what arrived (see picture I have uploaded), it was like scraps of salmon on a bed of spinach with tiny bits of potato (not really worth having the potato!). I didn't complain as it was very busy and I didn't want to ruin my partners birthday. We had another drink (the cocktails are very nice!), paid the bill and left - hungry! I joked with my partner when we left about wether there was a chip shop near by that was open so we could get something to eat, and if there was, we probably would have! So all-in-all, excellent service, great atmosphere, good reasonable cocktails but a HUGE let down on the food. I would go back here for a drink, but I would certainly never go back here for a meal, very over-priced for what you get.

• Visited February 2014