“Fantastic place for food and drinks with exceptional service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pomeroys Bistro

Pomeroys Bistro
Ranked #4 of 63 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place for food and drinks with exceptional service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We visited Pomeroys last Saturday evening - our first time there and first real night out in Kenilworth considering we live in Leamington.

We were not disappointed with our choice! From the moment we arrived we were greeted with warm friendly smiles, a member of staff came straight up to us to ask if we had a reservation - they explained our table was just finishing up and welcomed us to the bar for drinks.

A lush choice of cocktails and nice beer and ales, as well as wines.

We took a seat in the comfy chairs and browsed the extensive choice of options, all sounding Delicious and specials were also very nice - we struggled to make a decision. We opted for a sharing platter between the four of us as we fancied a bit of everything!

The owner then came and apologised that the people on our table were taking a bit longer then they hoped - I though this was good on both aspects, they did not rush the people currently on the table and also apologised to us - good service!

She then knelt down to eye level and talked to us about choices of wines and recommendations - I like it when people come down to your own level or sit with you, it makes the service feel personal and friendly. She took our order and we shortly were taken over to our table.

We first sat nearest to the door- and with the weather being very cold, she recommended we move to another table -again great service!

Our starters arrived promptly, and wine was poured with courtesy the correct way with tasting. My only niggle with the starters was that there were only 3 items of each options i.e 3 filo prawns when there were four of us - this would be my only negative throughout the whole experience, but maybe something to look at, surly enough for everyone at the table would be more appropriated.

Neverless, the starters were delicious as was the main courses - very very good quality and affordable.

The wine was also very reasonable, we were drinking a 7 year old chillian red which was only £17! Very reasonable we thought!

Deserts were also exquisite - an all round fantastic experience and place - highly recommended and we will be returning!

• Korean first
Birmingham
“Lovely breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stopped in at Pomeroys for a late breakfast before a spot of shopping and what a delight it was. Comfortable booths in a lovely purple and black design with a hearty breakfast menu. I had the scrambled eggs with smokesd salmon and it arrived piping hot on two large, buttery, granary pieces of toast. A really substantial meal which was polished off with a pint of orange juice. Yummy. Service was quick and efficient and very friendly. Ill certainly be back and maybe go for lunch this time.

Santa Barbara, California, United States
“A Great Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stopped in Pomeroy's on a cold evening mainly because it is located within a block of where I stayed on a recent two-week business trip. I thought I was going into a sort-of modern pub. My initial surprise came when I perused the menu with a small selection of continental-sounding offerings. I ordered from the specials menu, a fresh Dover sole preparation. When it arrived, artistically arranged on my plate, I had my second surprise. The best surprise came when I tasted it. Delicious, absolutely. A buttery delicate preparation with roasted tomatoes. The portion was ample, but I was sure to eat slowly to savor it. I was glad I had stumbled into Pomeroy's early in my two weeks' stay, for I returned three times thereafter, each time ordering a fish special, each time being delighted.

Visited March 2013
balsall common
“SO GLAD WE FOUND THIS RESTAURANT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Went for dinner with a friend on Saturday evening and am so glad we did! Food was fabulous, staff were very friendly and professional. Will definitely return.

Manchester
“A Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I visited on Valentines weekend with my husband and booked this having looked on here for somewhere to eat. I'm so glad I found Pomeroy's on here otherwise we may have missed it! The food was divine, a real treat. The staff were lovely and the atmosphere was great. The only thing wrong is that we missed the jazz & blues night the week before! Definitely a must if you are in the area!

1 Thank RebeccaC685