“Great conference hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Great conference hotel”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have just returned from a large 3 day conference that I was involved in organising (8th -11th March). When I booked it, I did have a slight concern that it might seem a step down from some of our venues in previous years, but the hotel exceeded my expectations in all respects, and I had many positive comments from delegates. The attention to detail from Julia before the conference, and during the conference from Luke and David was excellent, and I would have no hesitation in recommending Chesford Grange. All the staff were friendly and attentive. Any little problems were quickly and professionally handled. Thanks for making our conference a success!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Andy N

Thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent event at Chesford Grange, also for your recommendation and giving us a top score.

Its a great morale boost for all of us at Chesford Grange to receive praise such as this and to know that we exceeded your expectations.

We very much look forward to your return and thanks again for your brilliant post.

Andrew Fox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Kent
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Q hotels are usually of a pretty good standard, and Chesford ticks most boxes. Not cheap, but look for offers including dinner. Free swimming pool, steam room and gym all clean and well equipped. Some parts of hotel looking a little tired but short nature trail around the grounds is a must. Breakfast is a 3 course buffet and can't be faulted, although evening meal was average and local cheese option was unavailable although still on menu. As usual, Q hotel is in the middle of nowhere, but Leamington Spa is a short car ride away. Excellent terrace overlooking grounds and good views generally from bedrooms.

Room Tip: No rooms too far from reception, restaurant and lifts.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear KentHelpful

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Chesford Grange, I am pleased you enjoyed the facilities and our breakfast offering but was sorry to read that you were disappointed with dinner. A copy of your comments will be given to our Head Chef for immediate attention.

Chesford Grange has 17 acres of grounds rolling down to the River Avon and our nature trail and gardens with decking area give Chesford Grange another great reason to visit us, which we hope you will do sometime in the future.

Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here for a works event. The hotel itself is very nice- the rooms are bang on and i can not complain about the decor and cleaness. The bed- felt like a cloud! It was so comfy!

However the food was awful. The starter was dire, the main of chicken was dry and the dessert was also lacking in taste. The service at the bar was slow - they needed more staff to accomadate over 200 people!

Other service issues. I tried 8 times to order room service just after midnight and despite having a 24/7 menu no oone picked up. Breakfast - i had to track down someone to get me some tea- i have never had to do that before - staff seemed stressed and disinterested in their customers.

All in all a 50/50 experience. Would stay again for the room and bed but would eat out next time!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear natstarr

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you had a mixed experience. I hope that you brought your concerns to the attention of the Duty Manager in order for us to have the opportunity to apologise and rectify the issues as we would have been happy to do so.

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I use this hotel often when I visit my Dad Excellent friendly helpful staff. Great breakfast and staff to greet you
Recomend

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie A
Dear Julie A

Thank you for your review, I am delighted the team always look after you and we look forward to your next visit.

Coventry
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Clean business like rooms. Restaurant OK. Gym and spa look a bit small but the pool though small was clean and tidy. Just outside of both Kenilworth and Leamington you need to drive or taxi. I would probably not book this for a spa package and the hotel group may need to consider how they package their offerings. However, our 'deal' was 2 nights with dinner and it was reasonable value for money.

Staff were all friendly and even delivered extra shampoo etc. immediately on request. Would recommend for a well priced weekend in Warwickshire if you want to drive.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Covcitykid

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found your package to be good value for money.

Should you wish to return in the future please visit the QHotels website where you will find great offers all year round.

Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I cant comment on the hotel, but we were here on a spa day- how pathetic!
the bold man on the desk was rude to us and so unhelpful, the first impression was awful.
The spa girl who didnt even know where the gym was !!?? (the gym was into the doors by reception where she was sitting!!) and she wasnt even new staff.
the treatment was un professional, it was like the young girl hadent ever done a massage or exfoliation before!, she made silly conversation and didnt make me feel relaxed.
the gym room was so small, there 1 changeing room,
I would never go to a q-hotel again after this experience - it was a waste of money!

Room Tip: choose another hotel with spa/gym
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Taurus_World
Dear sonya.k

Thank you for your review following your visit to Chesford Grange for a Spa Day, I am very sorry you were disappointed with the facilities and the treatments.

In order for us to action your comments perhaps you could contact the hotel and let us know the date you visited as this is certainly not typical of our normal standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Torquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Chesford Grange. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. A special thanks must go to Sam in reservations who helped us sort out and make the weekend special as it was our parents Golden Wedding. The food was very good, nice and hot and the service superb. Our waiter was called Jimmy and he and the rest of the staff couldn't do enough for us. Our rooms were a good size and very clean. I loved the bathroom especially the enormous bath, which I spoilt myself in with a long soak.
I would definitately stay here again. Thanks to all at the Chesford, you made it a wonderful weekend!!!!

Room Tip: Superior overlooking the grounds. If you want a very quiet area then these rooms are in the new blo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Cheryl G

I am delighted you and your family had an enjoyable weekend at Chesford Grange for your parent's Golden Wedding Anniversary and our friendly team looked after you well.

I will pass on your thanks to Sam in reservations and Jimmy in the restaurant who will be rewarded through our staff recognition team - but it gives us all a boost to receive praise like this.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Andrew Fox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Stratford Manor Hotel
#3 of 16 in Leamington Spa
Woodside Hotel
Woodside Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kenilworth

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!