Arrived on Saturday afternoon and was greeted by Anton who was very pleasant and very helpful. The room we were given 252 was clean and tidy and there was a bottle of nice wine waiting for us. although there were 2 bath mats under the legs on the bed!!! very strange and very unnecessary.
Breakfast was very nice and the waitress couldn't do enough to help. Food was hot and plentiful.
With the package we bought we received tickets to Warwick castle, if you have never been it is well worth a trip.
After a long day at the Castle we were looking forward to our evening meal, I have to say I was slightly disappointed.
Firstly I felt that the restaurant was cool, secondly there wasn't a particularly big menu and then one of the special was off and nothing to replace it. We were eating at 7 pm how could they have run out of chicken by then? they had also run out of one of the desserts again from a very limited menu. My husband ordered the Eldeflower berry jelly, which was suppose to come with ice cream and lavender meringue well it was spot the berries! then we had to ask for the ice cream as they had forgotten to add it to the dessert and the meringue was practically non existent it was just like gelatin with ONE berry in it. Not very nice at all.People who know my husband will be surprised that he hasn't managed to finished part of his meal as he is not at all fussy.
The good things now because NOTHING is ever all bad.
The grounds are stunning, the gym is good and everywhere is clean and tidy.
Stocks of tea/coffee and biscuits were replenished.
on the whole we had a nice time, I don't think I would have dinner there again not until they made a few changes to the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chesford Grange is a unique hotel based in Warwickshire. The historic charm oozes from every corner, from it's red roofed turrets and Tudor style exterior to the majestic splendour that awaits you inside. The hotel is set within 17 acres of countryside which is ideal for team building or indeed a leisurely stroll. Even though you may feel a million miles away, the hotel is near the M40 and M69, and is just 5 miles from Warwick Castle and 13 miles from Birmingham Airport.The hotel is home to state of the art conference facilities. There are 13 conference and meeting rooms with a total capacity of up to 700 delegates. For relaxation on the night the hotel is home to a relaxing leisure and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chesford Grange - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesford Grange - a q Hotel Kenilworth
- Chesford Grange Kenilworth
- Chesford Grange Hotel
- Hotel Chesford Grange
- Chesford Grange - A QHotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire