We stayed for a Saturday night & dinner with our 2 kids (aged 8 and 11) in a family room.
Welcome at reception was good and efficient. Lots of staff, all friendly. Booking/response by email were great too before we arrived. Easy to find from Warwick. However letting smokers stand right outside hotel entrance in a little gang and a cloud of fumes is a bad bad start. Makes you look cheap and nasty Chesford. Plus their smoke was blowing right back into reception as they kept the automatic doors open to keep warm. Yum.
Family room clean and spacious enough, 3 beds, not much else. What is with the weird cabbage/plant/marble thing trapped under glass in our desk though? Beds not that comfy, bad night's sleep all round, much noise from drunk guests in corridor throughout night, room service trays/wine bottles left in corridors all day and night. Corridors felt a bit neglected, like you could die here and no one would find you till cleaning time :-/ BTW the stripy hall carpet is what a migraine looks like. Little fridge v useful thank you. Cute filter coffee sachets (they give weak coffee though). But no hot chocolate sachets in room though lovely staff guy brought some up at 10pm (when we had asked at 9pm...)
Small but clean and relaxing. Pool in spa FAR too cold to be relaxing and too small to get any exercise. Kids seemed to enjoy it for an hour or so though. Jacuzzi not working :-( Good heated beds near pool though. Steam room nice. Spa staff lovely lovely.
Went for drink at 7pm before dinner. Bar area ok. Nice view. However you really should bin the TVs with footie channel on, add in an open fire or a nice piece of art - would be MUCH nicer. Also please tell the Barman (an older Asian gentleman) he was the rudest worst barman we've ever seen. Like we were really bothering him by being customers. With the cheek to order a drink! He was so bad it was funny. Just don't ask him what flavour crisps there are, people, that's my advice to you...
Like the reception, the restaurant staff were just fantastic. Great job on recruiting/training because they were ALL good. Efficient, happy, humans. Not seen better in any hotel. Perfect side of polite and friendly and welcoming. Knew their stuff too - advice on menu was very helpful. Restaurant area nice, big but not noisy or crowded.
Dinner itself not the best :-( Burgers overcooked, someone must have dropped the pepper pot in my risotto (more water please waiter - about a gallon will do). I know risotto always looks a bit grey and porridgy but this had some sad cubes of cold goat's cheese on top. I could have done better at home. However breakfast was sublime. Range, quality, service all fabulous. We will not need to eat for another week thank you. (And my 8-year old is hard to fill).
Thank you Chesford staff. You were fabulous. I hope they look after you and keep you happy. Not you, bar guy. Thank you breakfast chefs, you too were fabulous. Please cook our dinner next time. I think overall this hotel was good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chesford Grange is a unique hotel based in Warwickshire. The historic charm oozes from every corner, from it's red roofed turrets and Tudor style exterior to the majestic splendour that awaits you inside. The hotel is set within 17 acres of countryside which is ideal for team building or indeed a leisurely stroll. Even though you may feel a million miles away, the hotel is near the M40 and M69, and is just 5 miles from Warwick Castle and 13 miles from Birmingham Airport.The hotel is home to state of the art conference facilities. There are 13 conference and meeting rooms with a total capacity of up to 700 delegates. For relaxation on the night the hotel is home to a relaxing leisure and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chesford Grange - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesford Grange - a q Hotel Kenilworth
- Chesford Grange Kenilworth
- Chesford Grange Hotel
- Hotel Chesford Grange
- Chesford Grange - A QHotel Kenilworth, Warwickshire