Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Woodland Grange(Leamington Spa)
Grand Hotel(Kenilworth)
Woodside Hotel(Kenilworth)
View Hotel
Eaton Court Hotel(Leamington Spa)
  • Room Service
2,298 results
All reviewsq hotelssteam roomwarwick castlespa breakspa facilitiesbreakaway clubheated loungerslarge hotelgames roomevening meallovely hotelsuperior roomchanging roomsnight breakrestaurant staffboth nightsplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the 4th time I've stayed at this hotel on business. The staff, as always, are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. I had requested a room in a certain part of the hotel and a room had been allocated accordingly. I know that is what one would expect but how many times do your requests not get passed to the relevant people? Looking forward to returning

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sun Seeker 1949
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Sun Seeker 1949

Thank you so much for your great review following your 4th visit to Chesford Grange, I am pleased we accommodated your request for a specific room and the team looked after you well, we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a 5th time.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed on a Saturday night en route from the North-East Midlands to Hampshire. As so often happens, I wasn't sure what to expect due to mixed reviews.

There was no need to worry. We had two double rooms on the fourth floor (actually 2 floors above reception). The rooms (and bathrooms) were not huge but they were certainly fit for purpose. Everything was spotlessly clean and in great working order.

We had dinner in the restaurant. The food was delicious and the service excellent.

Despite previous reviewers mentioning noise, this was one of the quietest places in which I have stayed - and there were a couple of conferences taking place, so it was busy.

Breakfast was lovely. A good selection and everything well cooked.

We didn't investigate the Spa/Leisure facilities.

We would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Hampshiremum9

Many thanks for your great review and I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and would return. Our Chefs are very proud to see that you enjoyed your evening meal and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was toastmaster for The Transport Exchange Group Annual Dinner & Awards 2014 on Saturday. From the minute my (disabled) wife and I arrived at Chesford Grange, the service was exceptional: from the porter who took our substantial amount of luggage up to our spacious and well-equipped bedroom; to the excellent dinner and restaurant service; to the breakfast waitress (Rachael) who insisted upon serving us our toast - although it was usually self-service - we couldn't have asked for more. In this day and age of mediocre service, Chesford Grange was a breath of fresh air! Well done!

Room Tip: We had a disabled room with a roll-in shower. Such rooms are generally hard to come by. This one was excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mike J

What a lovely review and thank you for the top score of 5. All the Trip Advisor reviews are shared with the team and I am delighted they made you and your Wife feel at home. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Thanks again, kind regards

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

On Sunday 23rd March myself and my friends went for a spa day at Chesford Grange. We arrived promptly at 9am and were told where the changing rooms were. The hotel itself looked nice from the outside however the spa itself was like a time machine to the 80s! It was clean but not enough room for all the visitors, when we arrived there was only another couple there but by midday there were more people than there were chairs. The swimming pool was of a moderate size however there was no jacuzzi and we were disappointed by this.
However our treatments were fantastic and 3 out of the 4 of us had a therapist called Shaynie, she was brilliant.

The spa definetley needs a refurb.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsLucyRose
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear MrsLucyRose

Thank you for your review following your visit to Chesford Grange for a spa day, I am sorry you were disappointed with the standard of the facilities but enjoyed your treatments from Shaynie who will be rewarded through our staff recognition scheme.

I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed for a Saturday night & dinner with our 2 kids (aged 8 and 11) in a family room.
HOTEL
Welcome at reception was good and efficient. Lots of staff, all friendly. Booking/response by email were great too before we arrived. Easy to find from Warwick. However letting smokers stand right outside hotel entrance in a little gang and a cloud of fumes is a bad bad start. Makes you look cheap and nasty Chesford. Plus their smoke was blowing right back into reception as they kept the automatic doors open to keep warm. Yum.
ROOM
Family room clean and spacious enough, 3 beds, not much else. What is with the weird cabbage/plant/marble thing trapped under glass in our desk though? Beds not that comfy, bad night's sleep all round, much noise from drunk guests in corridor throughout night, room service trays/wine bottles left in corridors all day and night. Corridors felt a bit neglected, like you could die here and no one would find you till cleaning time :-/ BTW the stripy hall carpet is what a migraine looks like. Little fridge v useful thank you. Cute filter coffee sachets (they give weak coffee though). But no hot chocolate sachets in room though lovely staff guy brought some up at 10pm (when we had asked at 9pm...)
POOL/SPA
Small but clean and relaxing. Pool in spa FAR too cold to be relaxing and too small to get any exercise. Kids seemed to enjoy it for an hour or so though. Jacuzzi not working :-( Good heated beds near pool though. Steam room nice. Spa staff lovely lovely.
BAR
Went for drink at 7pm before dinner. Bar area ok. Nice view. However you really should bin the TVs with footie channel on, add in an open fire or a nice piece of art - would be MUCH nicer. Also please tell the Barman (an older Asian gentleman) he was the rudest worst barman we've ever seen. Like we were really bothering him by being customers. With the cheek to order a drink! He was so bad it was funny. Just don't ask him what flavour crisps there are, people, that's my advice to you...
RESTAURANT
Like the reception, the restaurant staff were just fantastic. Great job on recruiting/training because they were ALL good. Efficient, happy, humans. Not seen better in any hotel. Perfect side of polite and friendly and welcoming. Knew their stuff too - advice on menu was very helpful. Restaurant area nice, big but not noisy or crowded.
FOOD
Dinner itself not the best :-( Burgers overcooked, someone must have dropped the pepper pot in my risotto (more water please waiter - about a gallon will do). I know risotto always looks a bit grey and porridgy but this had some sad cubes of cold goat's cheese on top. I could have done better at home. However breakfast was sublime. Range, quality, service all fabulous. We will not need to eat for another week thank you. (And my 8-year old is hard to fill).
SUMMARY
Thank you Chesford staff. You were fabulous. I hope they look after you and keep you happy. Not you, bar guy. Thank you breakfast chefs, you too were fabulous. Please cook our dinner next time. I think overall this hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SilverMac

Dear SilverMac

Many thanks for your comprehensive review following your recent stay at Chesford Grange with your family. I do hope you spoke to the Duty MJanager while you were at the hotel who would have gladly assisted with any issues you had. On a positive note, I am delighted our friendly team looked after you well.

Thanks again, kind regards