Chesford Grange - A QHotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$103
US$149
US$123
Woodland Grange(Leamington Spa)
2,302 results
All reviewsq hotelssteam roomwarwick castlespa breakspa facilitiesbreakaway clubheated loungerslarge hotelgames roomevening meallovely hotelsuperior roomchanging roomsnight breakrestaurant staffboth nightsplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a really lovely hotel with pleasant, very courteous staff. Rooms and cuisine are of the highest standard with prices that are most competitive. Some nice countryside and views during the journey. Will definitely revisit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the original building are really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Clansman 139

Thank you for your short but sweet review and I am delighted you had a comfortable stay and found us good value for money. The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Booked with secret escapes and to be honest this one is well below standards of many other 4* hotels we have stated at.

Staff were very good always polite and helpful particularly Bhuna at the bar on the second night.

Not a good experience with bar food as it took 50 minutes for a Panini & Sandwich and when arrived they were not as ordered.

Bedroom, 359, was very tired. Oak laminate flooring and desk module was chipped, worn and just not very nice, bathroom though was new and nicely done.

The biggest let down is the restaurant. Tables and seating very old and really do need replacing. The seating is badly stained/ damaged and badly worn. This wasn't so bad at breakfast but at dinner it is not what you should expect from a 4* hotel. Some linen on the tables and losing the paper napkins would help.
Looks like this chain has got it's money's worth out of the hotel and needs to be a bit more clever in updating.

The hotel is set up for conferences / meetings really and the little touches for others are missing.

Real shame as it looked much nicer on the web and most reviews were good, we wouldn't go back but may suit others who haven't been spoilt in much better quality 4*s at similar prices

Room Tip: Rooms in the new block, we had 359, need updating
1  Thank Chriswoolf

Dear Chriswoolf

It is disappointing to see that your stay was not to your satisfaction, hence the score of 3. We appreciate the constructive feedback and I will pass on your comments to all the team on how polite and friendly they are.

I do hope this will not deter you from trying one of the other 20 QHotels in the group and thanks again for your post.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were close to Warwick Castle which we wanted to visit, we also got free enter into Warwick thanks to the hotel. We had a lovely stay at the Chesford, the staff were excellent, nothing was to much trouble. The food was very good also, in fact our stay was first class, would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and it was very good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Pauline 125

Thank you for your review and myself and the team are delighted we helped to make your birthday away extra special. Our Warwick Castle packages are very popular and also great value for money, we hope you will choose to return again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here on a birthday weekend break for 2 nights over Easter. The exterior of the hotel was beautiful, and the staff at the front of house were really lovely and friendly. We stayed in the modern extension which wasn't part of the old building as advertised on the pictures. The room was really spacious though it wasn't massively clean, but the bathroom was better than any other bathroom we'd seen in any hotel.

The facilities weren't great, they were too small to accommodate the entire hotel. It probably would have been better if it wasn't as busy!

The food was average, the evening meal was hugely over priced for what it was - but I suppose that's what it's like at every hotel! Breakfast was okay, slightly greasy but a huge choice. Staff again were excellent.

The location was great, though you definitely need a car if you want to visit Warwick and Kenilworth. We did walk into Kenilworth town centre which took us about 30 minutes, and Warwick is probably about an hours walk away.

All in all it was a good stay, but I definitely wouldn't say it was a 4 star hotel unfortunately!

Dear Oliver B

It is disappointing to see that your stay did not meet with your expectations hence the score of 3. I do hope that you spoke to the Duty Manager while you were at the hotel who would have gladly assisted with any issues you had.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in mid-April 2014 for a conference and was really impressed with the hotel. It clearly caters for a lot of conferences as they have excellent facilities for such events.

There are some bedrooms in the older part of the hotel above reception but the majority of them are in the newer part. A colleague of mine had one of the older rooms (I think the room numbers were under 100) and I would say my newer room was a bit nicer. It had the usual facilities of tea/coffee, flat screen TV with freeview (no sports channels), trouser press and a bath (something you don't get in many hotels these days).

The hotel has a gym and a small swimming pool. I didn't use these so cannot comment on them.

As I was there for a conference all my meals were buffets but the quality of food was very good. There is also a nice bar.

The only gripe I have from my stay was the towel rail in my bathroom was not working and despite reporting it to the staff it never got fixed. Disappointing but didn't spoil my stay.

I don't travel down this way very often but I would happily stay at the hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robbie R

Thank you for your review following your stay at Chesford Grange for a conference and I am really pleased you enjoyed the facilities and food. I am very sorry the towel rail was not fixed during your stay but its good to know you will return despite this.

It would be great to welcome you back for a leisure break sometime in the future and if you go to the QHotels website you can find some great deals and offers all year round.