“Relaxing stay in Kenilworth”

Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A lovely looking hotel in a countryside setting not far from Warwick with great access to the motorway. We stayed two nights as part of a castle package deal where we got tickets for Warwick castle, breakfast, dinner on one night and a bottle of wine the room. The hotel looked plush, was very clean, spacious, and had a nice swimming pool. It was quiet and relaxing, our bedroom looked out onto a green where there were lots of rabbits running about. The room was very clean but quite basic, nice bathroom. The restaurant service was excellent, the breakfast was average and the evening meal I found very average although nothing particular wrong with it. The staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. I liked the room service options and that was a good service. Ample parking, ideal location, pretty decking area outside of the restaurant and nice bar area. I would recommend, probably great for a business stay, good wi-fi connection in room. The only thing was the food and menu could do with a revamp.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine, very clean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Gemma C

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your stay with us. I am sorry that you felt the food served to you did not meet your expectations. We have taken your comments on board and they will be addressed by our Chefs. I'm pleased that all other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and hope that you will not be deterred from returning to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Rooms were excellent and comfortable, no complaints there.

However, I felt ripped off with the worst beer (and most expensive) that tasted like the dregs of a barrel..... was not impressed at lunch when I paid £4.50 for a bottle of water (should have stuck to the watery beer) and then had the most peculiar Ceaser salad ever....I know there are variations on the recipe but this one had so many olives in it (hate olives) they were the main ingredient.... the anchovies were not mentioned so when I asked for chicken...I was amazed at the £2.50 surcharge..... I know I am on a diet but making my wallet lighter was not what I expected..

Breakfast the next morning was a surprise.... how can a chef not cook an egg?... full tray of them part cooked...not appealing...maybe it was because I was early and they expected the warming lamps to finish off!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Alanm68

It is disappointing to see that your stay was not to your satisfaction due to the standard of food and beer. However, I am pleased you found your accommodation comfortable.

The issues will be addressed immediately and I thank you for your feedback and we will use it to enhance the services provided here at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Chesford Grange a Q Hotel was our choice for the weekend while in Kenilworth. We had an excellent stay. The room was lovely, the bed was comfortable, it was very clean and had nice décor. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was very good amazing selection of food and good service. the main restaurant served very good food with lots of choice. Desserts were gorgeous. It was a most enjoyable stay and we would stay again when next in the area. There is so much to see in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Catherine 1207908

Many thanks for your lovely review and I am delighted to read that you could not fault us. I hope we will welcome you back soon to discover more of what Warwickshire has to offer.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two night for my boyfriends 40th birthday.
The staff were brilliant in that I had bought some 40th banners and balloons and I asked room service if they could put them up in the room as a surprise. I also asked if they could pop an ice bucket and two champagne glasses in the fridge where id left a bottle of champagne.
After a day out we came back to a fabulously decorated room. Ice bucket in fridge with glasses and chilled champers. The hotel had also left a gift of a bottle of red wine and chocolates which was brilliant.
The food was very good at the hotel and staff very polite and helpful.
We didnt get a chance to use the leisure facilities so cant comment on those.
We had an excellent stay at the hotel and Id highly recommend it to others.
Thank you so much for making a big birthday all the more special.

• Stayed: June 2014
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Armani8_10

Thank you for your brilliant review and I am pleased the team helped to make your partner's birthday celebrations extra special. Thank you also for a top score of 5 and for your recommendation.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Hotel looked wonderful on line. The lounge areas had poor seating with no settees just very uncomfortable chairs. We were pushed into limited spaces due to a wedding which was not a problem but with no where else to sit for a drink we had no where quiet or comfortable to sit. At Dinner the dinning Hall was full and very noisy and wished we had gone elsewhere to eat. More like a giant eating trough than a 4 star hotel.
Breakfast was a disaster. The Hotel obviously is unable to cope with the number of guests and the service was well below standard described for this star Hotel. Avoid this Hotel. The only saving grace was the porter on duty when we arrived.

Room Tip: End suites are the best well away from the reception on any floor if a wedding is on
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maurice H

Dear maurice H

It is disappointing to see that your stay was not to your satisfaction and that you didnt' have the experience similar to our other reviewers this weekend who gave us a four or five star rating. I do hope that you spoke to the Duty Manager while you were at the hotel who would have gladly assisted with any issues you had.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Facilities and services were both excellent! We had 3 days stay in the hotel a year ago, everything in the hotel I remember was so perfect and especially the breakfast! If you are looking for a hotel near Warwick uni, that might be a good choice for you, the taxi from hotel to uni cost us less than 10 pounds and this is quite an outstanding hotel around uni. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dublinplan

Many thanks for your 5 star review of Chesford Grange and I am delighted your return visit was as enjoyable as your stay last year, we are a popular choice for visitors to Warwick University and I hope we will welcome you back for a third visit very soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Staff were so nice and helpful, great food and facilities, loved the pool and steam room, the games room was great fun, made me realise I can't play table tennis!! Warwick castle only a few miles away and Stratford on Avon, great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DennisB

Thank you for your review and I am delighted the team looked after you well and you enjoyed our games room which is available in the school holidays. As you say, we are in a great location for visiting local attractions and historic towns and I hope we will welcome you back for some more sightseeing very soon.

Andrew Fox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Stratford Manor Hotel
Holiday Inn Kenilworth - Warwick
Woodland Grange
Woodland Grange
#3 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!