“Pleasant stay ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
“Pleasant stay ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is really lovely, we had a room at the back really quiet, the room itself was lovely, very clean. The spa was ok but no jacuzzi a bit disappointing. Staff are excellent the only gripe I have would be the a la carte dinner menu there is not much choice and the restaurant staff are a bit slow. Overall lovely stay, nice hotel and good games room.

Stayed August 2014
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Debbienics

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments have been passed on to the team.

Hopefully, we will see you again soon.

Andrew Fox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Oswestry, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband booked us a 2 night stay here to have a short break for my birthday. We had originally booked through Travelzoo offers, so we were unsure of what to expect.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by lovely staff who had noticed it was my birthday and automatically upgraded our room booking to a suite with compliments. Check in was swift, pleasant and seamless.

On arrival in our room I was more than pleased to find a very spacious room with huge bed and separate sitting area overlooking the gardens. The hotel management had also placed a bottle of sparkling wine in an ice bucket with chilled champagne glasses for our use.

The restaurant serves very tasty food with unusual items on the menu, such as kipper and whiskey pate, which my husband tried and found it extremely tasty. Service was smooth, friendly and organised.

The terrace bar has a lovely atmosphere with a beautiful decking area to sit out in the sun on lovely days/evenings. Again we were very pleasantly surprised to have a complimentary glass of Pimms with fruit as our first drink of the evening.

Can not fault this hotel at all, very pleasant location, atmosphere, food and spa facilities.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are in the eaves and have lovely views but manor rooms have more luxury
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Rachael K
Dear Rachael K

Thank you for your 5 star review and I am delighted the team here helped to make your birthday extra special.

The Travelzoo deal has lots of added extras but if you want to return in the future to Chesford Grange or any of the other 20 hotels in the group just go to the QHotels website as we have offers all year round.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booking a last minute stay at Chesford Grange after a stressful week in work, we were looking forward for one peaceful night away, some nice food and relaxing spa treatments. On arrival we were famished so went to the bar for some food. After ordering two sandwiches we sat in the bar which had no more than 10 people in there. After waiting 30mins with no sign of the food we asked where our order was. Only then were we told that they were very busy and there was a long wait for food. After waiting a total of 50mins we were met with two very average sandwiches which I had paid £6.95 each for! We received a full refund. After a lovely afternoon and evening in leamington spa, we returned to the hotel ready for a good nights sleep. At 1am the fire alarm went off for around 10 seconds. It then went off again a few minutes later. We called reception and they informed us there was a problem that they were trying to fix. The fire alarm went off a total of 10 times in two hours. We eventually got back to sleep and got up a lot later than intended due to lack of sleep. After an average breakfast we went to reception, got a 50% refund from the one poor girl on the desk dealing with a queue of angry guests, cancelled our spa treatments and headed home, sleepy, grumpy and definitely not relaxed!

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank fryingpan2013
Dear floozie 89

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Chesford Grange and I am very sorry you did not get the relaxing evening you were hoping for.

Please be assured the problem we experienced with the fire alarm has never happened before and was largely beyond our control. The team did all they could to rectify the fault but there was a subsequent delay in the engineer arriving. I hope the gesture made up in some way for the upset caused.

Thanks again for your post.

Llandudno, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

lovely hotel, very professional staff and nice rooms. good spot for local attractions. the spa treatments were not worth the money sadly. 2 mornings we were woken up early with outside noise, one from the laundry delivery and once by an very noisy pipe outside our room, but this would not be the same for other areas of this large hotel. breakfast was very tasty, buffet style but could have been hotter but you can request omlettes etc. large games room for kids to hang out in.

Room Tip: purely based on our noise issues i would recommend rooms on the left hand side, but there is no lift...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
Dear Karen A

Thank you for your review and your positive feedback regarding our accommodation, service and breakfast. As its difficult for us to track your stay through the review perhaps you could contact us directly with your room number so we can attend to the noise from the pipes. I am very sorry you were disturbed by a delivery our Head Housekeeper has addressed this.

We hope to welcome youback sometime in the future.

Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We chose this hotel because of the location. Four of us (one using a disability scooter and one with sight limitation) were pleased with the hotel on the whole. Breakfast was excellent and hot with very hot plates which gets a plus every time. Dinner included on the first night was equally very good speedily served with a smile. Bedrooms on the 2nd floor as requested 4th floor was full were acceptable (apart from the eternal slamming of doors from those busy conference attendees), beds comfortable, special requests for soft pillows and extra sheets already and waiting. Swimming pool small but welcome after a hot day and there are games rooms for wet days. But we must say that whoever chose the carpeting has very suspect taste - our colleague who has sight limitation found the jazzy stripes very difficult to assimilate and couldn't tell if she were stepping forward, up or down!. Disability parking is abysmal - 3 bays at the entrance for this huge hotel - most others are for designated staff only. The others are miles away from the door for a disabled person. Come on Chesford sort this one out!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the garden area, preferably on the 3d or fourth floor. Ear plugs may be re...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank LindylooCleveland
Dear LindylooCleveland

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Chesford Grange and I am pleased that overall you and your friends enjoyed your stay particularly our dinner and breakfast offerings.

We do encourage all guest feedback, both positive comments and constructive criticism as they are all equally important in maintaining both our standards and facilities and I thank you for your feedback regarding the disabled facilities.

I agree with you, Chesford Grange is perfect for exploring the local area and visiting historic spots such as Warwick and Kenilworth castles, Stratford on Avon and Leamington Spa, I hope we will welcome you back sometime in the future to see more of the lovely Warwickshire countryside.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

During our stay we were always met with a smile and a good morning etc. Breakfast plentiful but a little on the cool side. How do you cure a cool buffet breakfast? Our standard room was fine, beds a bit tired and bathroom showing its age. A/c in room welcome and swimming pool very much so. Just let down by breakfast.

Dear gunnerbill

It looks like our friendly team looked after you well and I hope this made up for the disappointing breakfast. Naturally your comments will be taken on board and addressed by our chef and restaurant manager as soon as possible.

This is not a true reflection of our normal standards at breakfast and I hope we will welcome you back again sometime in the future.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The Chesford is a lovely hotel but I feel it is trying to be a 5 star hotel with a 3 star product! Everything is overpriced. I booked a groupon deal that included 3 course dinner, it said it was worth £26. What it didn't say was that it was an allowance of £26! Everything over £26 is charged for! My steak alone was £22:50. This is probably Groupon's fault I'm not sure, but that aside the quality of food was not worth £22:50- my partner and I both said the food had no taste! The service was terrible. We waited an hour for someone to bring us the bill, in end we got up to walk out, someone soon appeared! I explained we had been forgotten about and waitress then proceeded to argue with me! It was my partner's birthday that day so it was a little disappointing as I chose the hotel . Cheese platter on room service menu (£6:95 plus £3:50 tray charge ) was only available until 11pm yet sandwiches was available 24hrs? I had it the next day before 11pm but again it wasn't worth the money. Room was nice but they had changed the TV remotes which meant they were not configured to use the films on demand - it took 4 visits to my room to sort this! The two single beds pushed together slid away from headboard whilst sitting up watching TV , as there was a teak floor panel around the bed. If whole room was carpeted it would A, look nicer and B, stop the sliding. Breakfast was nice but had to ask twice to get a coffee ,as the first time it was given to a different table. I had finished breakfast by time I got a drink! Choice at breakfast was good. The bar service is good in the lounge. It's a shame there is no air con in the corridors as it's very warm walking to your room. The leisure facilities are limited, small gym and small pool, no jacuzzi or sauna, there is a steam room. Parking spaces are limited, on returning back to hotel after night out there was no where to park and this hotel is in middle of nowhere. We had to park on the grass. Leamington Spa and Warwick are 10 mins away in the car. Reviews are subjective, personally I would choose a different hotel in future , but in contrast a couple who sat next to me looked about 20 years old were raving about the hotel and saying it was the best they had stayed in. I've stayed in hotels all over the world and if they improved the services it could be 4 star standard, if they installed an outdoor swimming pool even 5! However in my view it's not at present. It's still a nice hotel though.

Dear davemaz

Thank you for posting your review regarding your stay at Chesford Grange. I am very sorry your stay fell short of your expectations which is disappointing for myself and the team. I do hope that you spoke with the Duty Manager while you were at the hotel who would have gladly assisted with any issues you had.

I hope this will not deter you from trying another hotel in the QHotel group sometime in the future.

Andrew Fox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Stratford Manor Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kenilworth
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#1 of 18 in Leamington Spa

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!