“Excellent value, great service”

Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Reviewed 22 November 2010

My husband and I were lucky enough to get a weekend away without the children - our first for quite a while. We were looking for somewhere with sight-seeing opportunities that offered a relaxing stay. If you're looking for a luxury spa weekend, this hotel isn't for you. However if you want fantastic value in a great location with good facilities then you'd be hard pushed to find a better place than this.
Very easy to get to - close to M40 with Stratford-on-Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa all a short drive away. We asked for a quiet room - and got a silent one. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful (especially the restaurant manager). When we booked our stay we only booked dinner on the first night as in our experience hotel restaurants can be a bit hit and miss and we are really fussy when it comes to eating out. However, the meal we had was excellent so we ate at the hotel on the second night as well - I can particularly recommend the rump of lamb and the artichoke risotto!
The facilities are good - pool, steam room and heated loungers. If I was being really picky I could say that the gym equipment is a little dated, but it is fine - we used the gym and pool on each of the three days we were there (we didn't use the other spa facilities).
All in all a lovely relaxing stay in a fab location - we'll definitely be using Q Hotels again as they seem to go that extra mile.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
ElaineWarwickshire, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

Dear Jillfern

I would like to thank you for your excellent review regarding your recent stay at Chesford Grange. I will certainly pass on your remarks to our Restaurant Manager Adam, who maintains very high standards of service and I am delighted you chose to dine with us for a second evening because you enjoyed the food so much on your first night.

Thank you for recommending us to a friend and as you will return to QHotels in the future, just to let you know, we operate the Breakaway Club which offers fantastic exclusive packages and offers to members just visit our website for more details.

In the meantime, thank you again for your feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chesford Grange in the not too distant future.

Joanne Barratt

Write a ReviewReviews (2,252)

Reviewed 22 November 2010

Now to start this off I am the sort of person who will be happy to leave a bad review but never seem to leave a good review, here is a change for me
We arrived late in the afternoon and after a long drive with a small child the warm welcome was what we needed. From the lady on the desk to the porter all were very happy and happy to help
We requested a travel cot in our room which when we arrived was in the room, the room was large modern with a very large bed (think it was a super king) the bathroom again was modern and well laid out, we had tea / coffee and a flat screen TV which had a number of TV stations on it, more would of being good though
The hotel bar was nice and open with lots of seating, in the summer time the hotel grounds would be nice for walks
We got a good nights sleep and did not hear any noise from other rooms or from roads etc
Breakfast was self service style, they had cold and hot items and every thing that you wanted was there, again the stall were warm and welcoming

The next evening we had dinner at the hotel, this was well priced and the food was great, there was a wedding taking place and the restraint was full but again the service was spot on

The next morning I thought that due to the wedding the night before breakfast would be packed, but it was not it was full but the food was fresh and they restocked any items that ran out fast

I am trying to think of faults about the chesford grange but am unable to

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
ElaineWarwickshire, Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Dear willjmoo

I would like to thank you for your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Chesford Grange. I have circulated a copy of your comments to all the staff as its a great morale boost for all of us, and I am delighted you could not find fault!

As you mentioned, our grounds are lovely and extend to 17 acres rolling down to the River Avon, and our decking area is great for al fresco dining and drinking in the Summer.

Thank you once again, and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Chesford Grange the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

Stayed here recently for a conference.

Probably one of the best hotels for a conference that I've ever been too. The location is almost smack bang in the middle of the country with easy access from the M1, M6 and M40.

The conference area is in a separate wing from the main hotel so we shouldn't have irritated the other guests.

The gala dinner for a couple of hundred guests was hot and well presented. The morning and afternoon snacks and lunch were plentiful and consisted of sensible finger food. The conference rooms are of a good size with plenty of bottled water supplied. The hotel bedrooms are plentiful and of good quality and the gym and swimming pool excellent. All in all a positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
ElaineWarwickshire, Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Dear JBbucks

Firstly, thank you for reviewing the hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the conference facilities and service one of the best you have experienced.

As you rightly state, the hotel is in an excellent location and close to major motorway networks, rail and air links. We have a total of 13 superb meeting rooms and room for over 700 delegates.

Once again, thank you for your comments and feedback and when you are next in the area I hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

We have just returned from a special two night break at The Chesford Grange Hotel, although the hotel was very busy,the service and staff were exceptional,also the restaurent serving a very good menu.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear roadrunner020

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at Chesford Grange particularly as this was a special occasion for you. Thank you also for recommending us to a friend and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Chesford Grange and QHotels in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 November 2010

food perfect, very long time to have evening meal 2-1/2 hours for two course meal,
Checking out time very very poor 35 mins trying to get the bill corrected and bill was £85 OTT but they did get it right in the end. My opinon manager was very poor with experience in these maters, in fact i would say he has no experience.
so enjoy yourself but watch your bill.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
ElaineWarwickshire, Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Dear layzellbuilders

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Chesford Grange, and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you and your family experienced with the service standards in the restaurant and reception. However, on a positive note I am pleased the food met with your expectations.

I understand you have spoken with my PA to discuss the issues in more detail and I would like to re - assure you that we take your comments most seriously.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that when you're next in the Warwickshire area you will contact us and we will do our utmost to make amends for your previous disappointments.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay. However, it started with a rather awkward battle re the room - we had booked an upgrade and had indeed confirmed this (and thankfully received an e-mail to that effect) - which was rather embarrassingly needed (in a public area) otherwise we would have ended up in a standard room. This hotel has everything. However, look carefully at other reviews and note that if you need/want anything you have to ask for it - ie no milk in fridge - they brought it up, only one robe in room - they delivered another. Dining room very busy and food delivered cold - however, what I can say is that every member of staff was very helpful and apologetic for delays in service etc and every problem rectified without question. Parking is a problem - and the lighting around the car park is not good. All in all we had a lovely time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
ElaineWarwickshire, Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2010

Dear caknights4086474

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay at Chesford Grange and I'm very sorry you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay.

We do take all guest feedback on board and the relevant action is taken to prevent re - occcurence af any issues that are brought to our attention. However, on a positive note, I am pleased the service from the staff ensured you had an enjoyable weekend and they managed to redeem the situation and you would recommend us to friends.

I hope when you are next in the Warwickshire area you will come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 27 October 2010

I stayed here at the beginning of October to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday and it was fantastic. The hotel offered us a discounted rate as we were booking 6 rooms and were faultless throughout our stay.

They upgraded one of the bedrooms free of charge and put flowers, chocolate, magazines and a birthday card in my grandma's bedroom without us asking- definitely above and beyond the call of duty. Coffee was laid out for us when we got there but it wasn't just tea and coffee- we got pastries, biscuits, fruit and smoothies all for an extremely good price.

Rooms were good, not huge but spotlessly clean and had everything you needed. The deluxe rooms were bigger with better furnishings and facilities, I wasn't overly bothered about the difference but if you're older or prefer more luxury it might be worth the extra £30.

I had a back massage in the spa and it was absolutely excellent. The therapist was extremely friendly and professional. My family used two therapists and all said both were lovely. My grandma thoroughly enjoyed her manicure and said the therapist was excellent. Pool was lovely and clean, bit small which posed a slight problem when there were 5 or 6 people trying to do lengths but to be honest you don't come to a hotel like this to swim in an Olympic pool. The male members of the party used the gym and said it was great, again a bit small but had everything in.

We had an inclusive package with dinner, you get a £25 allowance towards dinner which is made very clear everywhere, however the staff said we could have £250 as a table so then if someone had something a bit more expensive it wouldn't matter as long as someone else had something cheaper which was great. Food was brilliant, was so completely stuffed after the meal we could barely squeeze in birthday cake!

Breakfast in the morning was nice too, there was a hot buffet, then lots of different fruit, pastries, muffins, cereal, juice and a toaster. All the food was fresh and well cooked.

Overall an amazing experience, fantastic staff who really helped us out and were extremely friendly at all times. Great facilities and a lovely place for a weekend stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Dear ilovehotels6

Thank you for your post following your recent stay here at Chesford Grange and I am delighted you and your family enjoyed every aspect of your stay, I have passed a copy of your comments onto all the team - it is a great morale boost for us all to receive feedback such as this.

There are 21 QHotels in convenient locations across the UK and if you take breaks regularly and thought your recent package was good value, you may consider joining our Breakaway Club which offers fantastic exclusive rates to members just visit our website for further details.

In the meantime, I hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Chesford Grange and QHotels sometime in the future.
Joanne Barratt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
5 mi away
#6 of 7 in Kenilworth
Woodside Hotel
Woodside Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kenilworth

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!