Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Woodland Grange(Leamington Spa)
Grand Hotel(Kenilworth)
Woodside Hotel(Kenilworth)
View Hotel
Eaton Court Hotel(Leamington Spa)
  • Room Service
2,296 results
All reviewsq hotelssteam roomwarwick castlespa breakspa facilitiesbreakaway clubheated loungerslarge hotelgames roomevening meallovely hotelsuperior roomchanging roomsnight breakrestaurant staffboth nightsplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We booked a last minute 2 night break which was very reasonably priced, considering it was half term. The hotel staff were very welcoming and we were checked in efficiently and given directions to our room. The standard room was quite nice although there appeared to be only one hand and one bath towel, we found the other ones on a shelf in the wardrobe. We spent one night in this room and it was one of the worst nights ever. My husband and I were so itchy, we thought there must be bedbugs and the mattress so worn and soft it had a dip which caused us to roll together in the middle. As if this weren't enough the bed only had a sheet, blanket and bedspread and we were very cold throughout the night. Not wishing to make a fuss( it was an inexpensive break) we decided to check out and return home, obviously they asked why and immediately offered profuse apologies and showed us a new room. It turned out to be a Q Star room, if I had known about this I would have booked it straight away. It was superb in every way including a better bathroom and even electric beds. This room even has a fridge and fluffy bathrobes and best of all a really wonderful duvet which didnt make us itch. If you are going to stay here please dont even think about the small extra cost, its well worth it.
The restaurant is busy so its worth booking early, and a meal for two is approx £50 (without drinks) We dined in the Terrace bar the second night and the prices are about the same but with drinks. Breakfast is served in the restaurant and is manned by lovely staff who cant do enough for you, the food is plentiful and of a good quality, you are spoilt for choice.
We went to use the pool and were surprised by the size of it, whoever took the photos for the website must be exceptionally skilled. Seeing is believing!
Take note if you are going for a spa break as we were, beauty treatments, massages etc are only available Fri, Sat and Sun. My husband and I were going to have a full body massage each, as was another guest until they told us this bizarre news. Its a hotel and leisure hotel and people go there to indulge in such treatments so why not all week???
That was £135 lost just from the 3 of us!
All in all a great hotel that we would visit again if in the area.

Ps Special thanks to Colin Burgess on reception, who turned a bad experience into a relaxing stay and changed our whole viewpoint of Chesford Grange. Managers take note: Dont let this young man go and give him a bonus.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
ElaineWarwickshire, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Dear Ragamuffin8

Thank you for your very detailed post regarding your recent stay here at Chesford Grange and I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay and would recommend us.

However, I am sorry you were disappointed with the standard of the bedding in the first room you were allocated. We will shortly be replacing the sheets and blankets with new duvets in these particular rooms but I am delighted we were able to move you to a 'QStar' room which has some lovely extras such as drinks in the fridge and they are available at a small supplement.

Thank you again for your kind comments regarding the food and the service from the staff particularly at breakfast. As you rightly state, our beauty rooms are not available during the week at the moment but due to an increased demand in recent weeks we are looking to extend the opening hours.

I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Chesford Grange and QHotels sometime in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Definately the best Q hotel we have stayed at to date. The staff were excellent, efficient at their jobs and one of the most friendly helpful staff we have come across, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel itself is a mixture of modern and character, the bedrooms were spotlessly clean as was everywhere else. The meals were very good and thoroughly enjoyed by everyone in our party.

We enjoyed our stay and hope to be back. This hotel is ideally situated for Warwick Castle, Stratford etc.

Our congratulations to all the staff for their excellent service.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
ElaineWarwickshire, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Dear silversurfer

Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your stay and I have passed a copy onto all the staff, I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and would return on a future occasion.

As you rightly state, we are ideally placed for visiting Warwick Castle and historic Stratford upon Avon, we have great offers on breaks at the moment some of which include tickets to Warwick Castle, please go to our website for further information.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 February 2011

My wife Daughter and 2 grandchildren stayed in a very large family room in the manor house and were very impressed with evry aspect of their stay.
My wife and I have stayed at the Chesford on many occasions and regard it as our local hotel in Warwick even though we live in Liverpool.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Dear Tomtv

I am delighted that your family had another excellent stay at Chesford Grange and were pleased with the family room located in the Manor House section of the hotel.

I am aware you stay with us regularly and its great to know that you find the quality of service and standards are consistent.

Once again, thank you as comments such as yours add to the value of service that we strive to provide.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 February 2011

The hotel is nearly easy to find but best to take a straightforward route. Large car park, very helpful staff, food excellent, rooms reasonable, beds brilliant, pool a great feature. Very relaxing atmosphere, TV and wi-fi good. Looking forward to another visit sometime.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear Jim580426

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay at Chesford Grange and thank you for posting such great comments.

I noticed you stayed with us for business but should you consider returning for a leisure break we are ideally situated for visiting Warwick Castle and Stratford upon Avon, just go to the QHotels website for some great offers all year round.

Thank you once again and we will hopefully welcome you back to Chesford Grange in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 February 2011

Booked into this hotel Sunday night 13th to Tuesday 15th for Valentines with my hubby. We loved the look of the hotel as soon as we arrived and its location was very easy to find with several signs to point the way to it from the A46. As soon as we arrived to check in we where dealt with extreme courtesy and politeness. We upgraded to an Executive room, which was no trouble for them and the room was lovely. We had dinner on the 2nd night of our stay - Valentines night - and I have never had such great service from all the staff on that night - they were all so friendly and courteous and nothing was too much trouble. The staff at breakfast were really friendly too. The food at dinner and breakfast was really nice. I had the gnocchi with wild mushrooms and stilton and it was amazing, my husband's steak was cooked to perfection. I used the swimming pool and steam room and this was lovely, very clean. The only thing I would suggest for the future is if they could built a sauna somewhere.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear ladyc1970

Thank you very much for your kind comments as a result of your recent stay with us for a Valentine's Break, and I am pleased we were able to upgrade you to a Superior Room to enhance your stay.

It is a great morale boost for all the staff to receive feedback such as this and I hope you will return sometime in the future.