“Excellent, but make sure it is what you enjoy.”

The Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Slightly quirky which adds to the appeal. Big modern room certainly boutique in feel and facilities. Coffee and tea brought (at no charge) to your room freshly made (before midnight. Huge TV but only analogue main channels giving poor picture. But you are not there to watch TV. Excellent modern bathroom (we were in room 3). Beware though if you stay on a Saturday night in the main building the busy cocktail bar downstairs operates until late. 3am in our case. Can be noisy if you are a light sleeper. No restaurant on site but many pubs and restaurants on main street outside front door. Good coffee and made up teapot at breakfast. But Pre packed cheese and a very basic continental breakfast was a disappointment on Sunday morning. Stay for the room, the cocktail bar and the quirkiness and you will have fun. Look for a peaceful time with a fine English breakfast and it's not going to be for you.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We were attending a friend's wedding in the local area when we stumbled upon this gem of a boutique hotel on the internet. Fortunately enough for us there had been a recent cancellation and a room was available.
On first approach to the hotel you could be forgiven for missing it completely - the front is understated and the small carpark at the back looks intially to be non-descript. However push on through the gate and you are met by a charming and stylish garden and seating area. Make your way through the garden and into the hotel and you find yourself in a wonderfully designed bar and reception area and although initially it appears small the rooms are of a good size.
We were shown to our room (room 3) which was wonderful and well designed with a large vaulted ceiling and beautiful en-suite bathroom on a mezzanine.
The staff were all friendly and efficient and were always happy to help.
On our return that evening we found the bar buzzing with customers (this was obviously the place to be). And we enjoyed a couple of cocktails which were brilliantly made and served by efficiant and friendly staff.
We were certainly sorry to have to return our keys and would definitely plan to return for a longer visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

My friend and I have just returned from a stay in the Kenilworth and cannot praise it enough. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel very special; all the staff were so friendly and took time to talk to us and make sure we had everything we wanted, whilst being professional and inobtrusive.They have the best customer care skills I have ever come across in the hotel industry. I was especially impressed when watching the evening preparations in the cocktail bar - I have never seen glasses being so well polished! The Kenilworth has an amazing range of cocktails, using the best quality products available. despite the many tried during our stay, our heads were clear the next morning, although we did appreciate quietly reading the provided daily newspapers over the plentiful continental breakfast.
Everything in the hotel is of such a high standard - the room decor, beds, pillows, bedding and bathroom - which was truly luxurious with an incredible shower, the best I have experienced in any of my stays in hotels in the UK and rest of the world.
The Kenilworth hotel and its courtyard garden are an absolute delight. Well done in creating such a jewel, we'll be back and will be recommending you to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We got the unlimited cocktails offer (£199 for room, breakfast and cocktails for two) and couldn't have asked for better. The passion with which they are made and served helps create a vibrant atmosphere and it is easy to see why this place is so highly recommended by true cocktail lovers!

The room was great (we had room 10, they're all a bit different), with a big, modern shower room and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! With added bonuses like a B&O TV, you can see that they've spared no expense when going for a luxury feel.

Due to the size of the hotel there is no room for cookers which is why they don't serve hot food. This is a cocktail bar/hotel and is geared towards indulging in the drinks. There are plenty of nice restaurants in the area if you need dinner.

Finally, most of the rooms can only be reached by going outside which is great when wanting to leave the busy bar area but it looks like rooms 1&2 are above the bar so these may be noisier, not sure. You can choose your room when you book.

Our stay was worth every penny!

Room Tip: 1, 2 & 10 are the cheapest but 1&2 are above the bar. This may or may not be an issue. Room...
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My wife and I have just got back from a anniversary getaway to the Kenilworth.

I had been on the lookout for something a little different from the soulless McHotels that litter the area and after a fair bit of searching settled on this.

From the front you wouldn't guess what was hidden inside, the parking and entrance to the reception are round the back in a quiet residential area.

When you walk through you enter a beautifully designed cocktail bar where I was greeted by one of the sons of the owner.

He took me up to my room, I went for 11! It is a loft conversion with walnut walls, art, luxurious furniture, giant TV and an amazing bathroom. My wife when she arrived was thrilled as well (major plus points to me!)

Once I changed we visited Raffles Malaysian Restaurant, but in all honesty we could have chosen a dozen other equally good restaurants literally two-five minutes away. The hotel doesn't serve lunch/dinner but in all honesty exploring the local area is half the pleasure in these trips and you have a choice of expensive or cheap and cheerful.

The meal was delicious and we then went for a walk to Abbey Fields park, a lovely park with a duck filled lake, and a swimming pool in the centre (useful if you want to do a few lengths, they have an early morning session around 7.15).

Neither of us are great drinkers but we visited the cocktail bar to sample a few drinks, we can recommend the Rendevous with black raspberry liquer, we stopped when we couldn't read the drink recipes without slurring the words!

We then settled down for a night and the bed was just so comfy, and enormous, we have visited a few hotels but this bed was the best so far.

We woke up in the morning after a very enjoyable night and went for another walk, no we definitely can't afford to live round there :(

After which we had an all you can eat continental breakfast, we could have had sausage or bacon batches from a local baker delivered but we found what was on offer both generous and very tasty.

The service from the staff was from the managers to the barmen excellent, you were made to feel welcome in a hotel they are justifiably proud of.

I of course am now husband number one and so they have my thanks and I am already pencilling in my next date to try another of the rooms!

Room Tip: Room 11 is without doubt very good
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed here for a random night after visiting Warwick Castle with my gf, and couldnt be more pleased. The staff are excellent, the decor superb. All very luxurious, and rooms decorated to a high standard. Bathroom is grand. Lovely character. Go to the Famous Virgin and Castle pub, quality atmosphere!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My partner and I stayed here on spring bank holiday weekend for our 24th Wedding anniversary. We had never been to the Midlands and I thought it was an odd choice but that is another story involving a new puppy!
We stayed in room 7 which was a hugh suite at the back of the main building in a more modern block. The room was top class, with designer furniture, understated but classy decor and a bathroom to die for. The bed was very comfortable with nice bedding. The original art work was a nice touch and followed the jazz theme from the cocktail bar. The coffee maker was modern, but my preference would have been a more trad approach so I could also make a good cup of builders tea!
The room was very warm but a window in the bathroom opened and a fan was provided.
The room is on the ground floor so for privacy you need to pull the curtains which is OK at night but a bit much during the day; blind which can be angled to let light in would have suited the room and solved this.

We used the cocktail bar on the sunday evening which was busy and buzzy the way we like it and the range of cocktails was brilliant and begged for you try them! the Spring garden served in a tea cup was lovely and refreshing but my favourite was the champagne charlie! We had a super clod platter of cheese and meats which was more then enough for us. Breakfast was continental and very good with lots of choice.
The staff were all friendly and provided good customer care. I especially liked Sarah the budding opera singer!
We will definitely return hopefully with our friends from London who will be surprised by this little pocket of class in a very typical market market town which I think this venue is helping to transform.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
Chesford Grange - A QHotel
Woodside Hotel
Woodside Hotel
#2 of 7 in Kenilworth
The Peacock Townhouse Hotel

Been to The Kenilworth Hotel? Share your experiences!