“great place for a group of friends to stay.”

and 1 more site!
The Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
wellneededrest
“great place for a group of friends to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

the staff were very friendly.
good parking around the back of the hotel
the breakfast is basic. no cooked breakfast I am afraid.
The rooms were spotless and the walk in shower was amazing.
the cocktails on offer were lovely but expensive and slow to come, but then they are all made on the spot. only isue was that the wifi didn't work in the room. would I stay again. ? absolutely

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Visited in September 2011 for boyfriends birthday, FANTASTIC! Rooms well equipped, cocktails fantastic, service amazing. Returned winter last year but didn't stay this time, just drinks with friends - again fantastic service.
Actually booked for a week-on-Thursday (9th) as my own birthday treat from the boyfriend - driving up from our new home in South Wales (previously Lichfield!) for the occasion - Cant wait! Im sure it will again exceed expectations, I shall review again on completion of this next visit!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Fabulously stunning cocktail bar however service was incredibly slow, we waited nearly 30 minutes for our first drinks order to be taken and then had to ask for someone to come and get us further drinks through the night. can't even say it was because they were really busy. Cocktails were poor.

• Stayed April 2013
KenilworthHotel, Owner at The Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Ms Soeson
Thank you for more of your feedback. We have discussed this at length in previous emails and i thought you understood the concept of the Kenilworth?
You complained that the cocktails didn't have sparklers or umbrellas and you feel that adding 'bling' to a cocktail is the most important ingredient to a drink. I'm sorry but we will have to disagree, but we do respect your opinion.

The table of 20 that was in before you held your table up and we apologised for that but we do not want to rush any guests and its always difficult to manage how fast people drink their drinks as we explained.

We offered a free cocktail masterclass for you and your husband so you could have a one to one with one of our award winning bartenders so you could understand why we don't need to use sparklers with our drinks, but you declined based on the fact i didn't offer the free masterclass to all of your friends as well.

Kind Regards
The kenilworth
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

everything positive and complimentary that you read about this hotel and cocktail bar is true!!!

we had a fabulous stay here with friends for my husbands birthday. we were in two of the courtyard rooms, both were modern and stylish with large wet room style bathrooms, plenty of fluffy white towels and elemis toiletries. a coffee machine is so much better than the usual mini kettle too.!
the cocktail bar is brilliant, a great atmosphere, really buzzing and the cocktail list , well if you cant find a drink you'd fancy you must be very hard to please!!! expertly made and wonderful service.
the continental breakfast is one of the best we've experienced too.
planning our next visit for when our daughter visits us from London we can't wait to take her here!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank s_kdavies
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I recently booked an evening to stay at The Kenilworth after having been to the cocktal bar before with friends, I knew my husband would enjoy the experience. On arrival and driving past their carpark :), one of the very kind members of staff came and met us and offered to bring our bags in. On discovering I had done the booking as a surprise for my husband, we were offered the choice of upgrading from a standard room to one of their larger rooms.(room 9). Room 9 was worth the little extra it cost and the bathroom is one I would love to have at home, the shower is fantastic. The staff reserve a table for you for evening cocktails and again another wonderful experience(Whoopsie Daisy is my favourite) The staff are very attentive and polite, all the training that is spoke about in their brochure shines through.

Continental breakfast again is a relaxed, casual event and is definately enough to start your day off with. All in all my husband and I had a wonderful time at The Kenilworth and would like to thank the staff for making our experience an enjoyable one.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah B
stockport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Wow is all I can say about this place, you name it they'll make it or say what you like and the staff are so good the will make something for you.

If you are a malt whiskey, bourbon, gin, rum , tequila, vodka, brandy connoisseur then you will be in seventh heaven here, the most extensive spirits list I've seen in a long time.

If you like cocktails, their clever cocktail compass in the centre of the menu is a great guide.

Not the cheapest of nights as most drinks are about £8 each, but the atmosphere is electric, the drinks exciting and great measures.

Is you are within 20 miles of this place, and looking for somewhere different to go.....you will not be disappointed, but phone and reserve a table as it gets very very very busy!!!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ilc_cook
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I booked this hotel as I was looking for somewhere to stay in Kenilworth for the Easter Bank Holiday weekend - I was making a trip back to my home town after an absence of 12+ years! I wanted somewhere in the heart of Kenilworth that was small, independent, classy and unique - this hotel ticked ALL the boxes.

Upon arrival we were able to easily park at the back of the hotel in the allocated parking spaces (a great feature in a city centre hotel where parking can often be really tricky), we then made our way to reception that is located in the main part of the cocktail bar at the hotel and were welcomed by June (one of the hotel owners) and we were soon shown to our room (Room 6) on the ground floor towards the back of the hotel.

The room was warm (a very welcome relief in the positively Arctic conditions we are experiencing at the moment) and nicely decorated. The bed was a good size and comfortable and the bathroom was also very impressive though I would have preferred a bath instead of just a shower (but I was told about this when I booked) so no real complaints there.

A few things I would have liked to have seen/experienced; under floor heating in the bathroom, an extractor fan that started up more quietly and that also didn't stay on for quite so long once you had left the bathroom - the lights in the bathroom and extractor fan worked on a motion sensor. We were advised to always ensure the bathroom door was shut securely to avoid the light and extractor fan turning on should anybody get up during the night so we were advised of this issue.

The facilities in the room were perfectly adequate with nice extra pillows should the memory foam pillows not be to everyone's taste and there was a decent hair dryer, iron and ironing board as well as a large flat screen TV. There was free local and UK calls on the in room phone and a secure reliable wireless signal for internet access as well as an Ethernet cable should you not be able to log on to the wireless.

There was a lovely BOSCH Tassimo coffee machine in the room but I would have liked a larger selection of drinks to go in the machine, maybe a hot chocolate and a latte or a nice fruit tea, we have this coffee machine at work and I know that Tassimo have a wide selection of branded hot drinks discs for this machine. I also found the creamer milk that was supposed to go with the tea rather odd as it turned my tea into a latte and I would have preferred a little bit of cold milk or UHT to go with the tea. I am also a big fan of a biscuit or other light snack to go with the tea & coffee making facilities but these were not there - maybe biscuits and little snacks are not a staple of a more upmarket boutique hotel in all fairness.

The staff wee incredibly friendly and attentive and there was a lovely atmosphere at the hotel.

Room 6 that we stayed in was a little noisy and I suspect from looking at the layout of the hotel, the room backs onto the bar area as we would often hear bottles being stacked, picked up and glasses put into the dishwasher. The noise was not unbearable but it would have been nice to have been advised of this when we booked.

I also found the light coming through the windows, in Room 6 specifically the opaque window by the bed, rather annoying as it did disturb us when we were trying to get to sleep, I think this window must have been near the bins as we could also often here bins being filled outside this window, the curtain did have a decent blackout lining but as the curtains were the one's with holes in where they loop onto the curtain pole the light cam straight up and over the curtain pole. Perhaps a blackout blind in the recess of the window would have made more sense so it really did blackout.

The breakfast on the morning of departure was well laid out and adequate if a little lack lustre. I would have liked some really crispy warm croissants perhaps from one of the many local bakeries and a wider selection of teas but this is more personal preference that a complaint.

These are all only very minor issues for what was a very well equipped and lovely hotel to stay in. The Kenilworth has been going for over 9 years and is clearly a very welcoming hotel to stay in which oozes class and quality design and fitting all sensitively installed into a lovely grade 2 listed building. Had we stayed longer I may have asked to stay in one of the other rooms in the actual part of the hotel where the rooms have been converted from the old grade 2 listed cottages as I suspect these may have impressed me a little more. We were on the Cocktail Package at £199 for two people which included an overnight stay in a specific choice of rooms, with continental breakfast and as many cocktails as we wanted from time of arrival to the time the award winning cocktail bar closed.

All in all I would say this is a lovely hotel and I would recommend it without hesitation, however, I the hotel owners maybe need to look at the smaller aspects of the rooms and the breakfast and then it would get a 5 star rating from me!

PS - the cocktails are incredible! So many and prepared with a great deal of excellence and the waiting staff are wonderful, friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the long list of cocktails.

Room Tip: As them where the rooms are located in relation to the Cocktail Bar as this may help if you are tryi...