Stayed for 1 night at The Kenilworth last night and have hijacked my Dad's tripadvisor account just to write this review. In search of an evening's mini-getaway to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday we booked The Kenilworth on recommendation from a friend. Upon arriving we were greeted immediately by a member of hotel staff who was working on the bar at the time, he took us to our room straight away without even asking our names or reservation details (as though they were awaiting our arrival) which made us feel very important, he even offered to make us a drink while we unpacked. Upon arriving at the bar we were asked if we were headed out for dinner and at what time so that they could order us a taxi without the need for us to even ask, we really felt the staff wanted to make us have a good time.
As for the room, we stayed in the aforementioned room 3 (above the bar opposite the road) which we found to be lovely and quiet in comparisson to connap's review. In all fairness it was our intention to go out and have a drink rather than get an early night in time for work in the morning but the room was very quite despite the bar downstairs being busy. The room itself was everything we could have asked for. Being a duplex the bathroom was upstairs equipped with large 2-person tub and stocked with beautiful toiletries. The room was as clean and tidy as you'd expect, fitted with a huge 50inch TV in front of the comortable bed (The TV was bigger than advertised and the bed was as comfortable as I've ever slept on). Upon returning to the hotel after dinner we took a seat in the cocktail bar where the staff were immediately on hand to serve us our drinks. Their drinks knowlledge is nothing short of impressive and you really feel they want to entertain you, there is absolutely nothing pretentious about it either. A continental breakfast was served in bed to soak up our hangovers and the hotel CAN offer breakfast sandwiches, they collect it for you from a local bakery.
All in all, a stunning hotel perfect for a mini-break drinking cocktails and watching films. Personally, in contrast to another review here found none of the features at all tacky, we wanted to move in. For us, though, the staff made us feel so welcome and sealed the deal for us, can't wait to return.
Tom & Chloe 20, 23
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kenilworth is an 11 bedroom boutique Hotel & Cocktail lounge in Kenilworth, Warwickshire. Contemporary features and fittings in a 16th Century Building. Award winning cocktail lounge and voted as one of the top 50 destinations in the UK by 'The Independent'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Kenilworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenilworth Hotel Kenilworth
- The Hotel Kenilworth
- The Kenilworth Hotel Warwickshire